BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
3,408 Posts
seems from images of the left side of bike that in order to install any kind of frame sliders they will have to be offset or cut the panel. Right seems fine but left one. Anyone confirm?
Looks that way. Or they build a brace to go behind the fairings. Not sure if needed as much anymore with the wings? They will hit before the sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Vendor
5,239 Posts
They did say the motor has 600 miles on it and therefore implying the RPM limiter was lifted at that point.

What I'm keying on is the statement that the 2023 has more stock tune restrictions than the previous years.
The 2023 is more restricted in all gears now.

Its 205HP CRANKSHAFT. Does not mean they have to send it to the USA in that configuration of tune however. Driveline lost of about 12HP means once again I explain, 205-12 = 193HP if that was not restricted by tune. This is now restricted to the Torque Optimization coding. See my dyno runs long ago on TO code ECU.

Reactions: zx10guy

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Looks that way. Or they build a brace to go behind the fairings. Not sure if needed as much anymore with the wings? They will hit before the sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the way I look at it. The wings are very expensive frame sliders. ;)

There are two braces on each side, unlike the M1K that has a one piece CF brace. Come on you haven't taken your's apart yet :LOL::ROFLMAO:

· Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)

Its 205HP CRANKSHAFT. Does not mean they have to send it to the USA in that configuration of tune however. Driveline lost of about 12HP means once again I explain, 205-12 = 193HP if that was not restricted by tune. This is now restricted to the Torque Optimization coding. See my dyno runs long ago on TO code ECU.

Your post / graphs showed an improvement (fix) in the lower end w/a loss at the top end.

To me his graphs look as if it's the stock tune w/the flat spot + top end TRQ tune loss?

· Registered
622 Posts

· Registered
452 Posts

So based on what you're saying, it seems the 2023 bikes are coming from the factory even more worse off than those of us with pre 2023 bikes.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts