BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

241 - 260 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
All the wheels fit up the same. But sprocket carrier is different on Carbon and forged compared to cast.
So I would just need the sprocket and carrier for the forged? Would BMW be willing to swap to forged wheels if my bike has wheel warranty issues? Piece of mind can be hard to buy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I LOVE to do wheelies. I will always be shitting my pants when the front wheel comes down. My bike that is coming in three weeks is a new build. I hope something might have changed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
So I was given the same answer, cracks are normal. I guess because it is not on the bikes they ride and customers can go f themselves anyway, they paid already. 😀
When I have the official statement from bmw I will look into if there is a way to have that wheel inspected by the same way the guy in the video did. And see where I can get at court.
I believe bmw's strategy now is to let customers use those wheels until someone actually injures or dies and carbon fiber wheel failure will be the official cause. In other words they just classified customers as guinea pigs.
I can't help seeing some, probably purely coincidental, similarities to historical events that also involved German companies... 😀

1591701049617.png

1591701022763.png

·
Registered
795 Posts
The carbon wheels really feel great, but they're really expensive and not as durable as the forged wheels. After several months with the M Sport RRs with the CF wheels, California Superbike School changed over to forged. When their students occasionally missed a corner and went off track, the wheels would often be damaged and the cost of that alone was instantly about the student damage deductible.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have been putting in some KMs/miles every day on the bike and I can see the cracks are getting bigger. Some are on the surface layer so they can be felt, some are deeper. That wheel is going to fail and whoever says they are safe to use is an idiot.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have been putting in some KMs/miles every day on the bike and I can see the cracks are getting bigger. Some are on the surface layer so they can be felt, some are deeper. That wheel is going to fail and whoever says they are safe to use is an idiot.
Should probably take before and after pictures to demonstrate / document cracks growing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, I took pictures to document the "cosmetic" issue getting worse so at least my family could sue the **** out of bmw shitrad.

After the guys at the dealership put on some pressure, glorious bmw was willing to replace the rear wheel. Wheel is expected to arrive on 24th of Ju - ******* - ly. With track days scheduled and paid in the middle of the season, that is not exactly acceptable.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yes, I took pictures to document the "cosmetic" issue getting worse so at least my family could sue the **** out of bmw shitrad.

After the guys at the dealership put on some pressure, glorious bmw was willing to replace the rear wheel. Wheel is expected to arrive on 24th of Ju - *** - ly. With track days scheduled and paid in the middle of the season, that is not exactly acceptable.
Buy OZ Piega R mate

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just notice the rear wheel shakes/moves a bit , and the from carbon wheel it’s shattered on my 2020 S1kRR, is bmw liable for it ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I didn't read thru all THIRTEEN pages of this....but does BMW replace these under the regular warranty or do you have to have an additional wheel warranty? Something I need to know for when mine shows up in the next week or so....
I think it sucks the M package comes with Carbon wheels and not a choice. I would definitely prefer forged over the carbon personally. I can eat one less cheeseburger a week to cover the weight difference :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
I didn't read thru all THIRTEEN pages of this....but does BMW replace these under the regular warranty or do you have to have an additional wheel warranty? Something I need to know for when mine shows up in the next week or so....
I think it sucks the M package comes with Carbon wheels and not a choice. I would definitely prefer forged over the carbon personally. I can eat one less cheeseburger a week to cover the weight difference :D
Get the one with Race /select package, comes with everything but the Carbon wheels and better color selection IMO.
Save you cash too!
Or get some OZ Racing Cattiva RS-A Forged wheels

I will gladly pay you tuesday for a cheeseburger today

241 - 260 of 264 Posts