BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Vendor
3,629 Posts
Picture of rear wheel destroyed

Wasnt that the guy that overheated his rear brake rotor from changing the rearsets? got the rear master applied while riding.

Reactions: bennymx

·
Administrator
7,722 Posts
Wasnt that the guy that overheated his rear brake rotor from changing the rearsets? got the rear master applied while riding.
This was just off a facebook group. But I do remember something about that. They were all saying it wasn't torqued correctly but I think they were just guessing. More likely the rear brake locked from heat expansion and eventually tore free from the rim.

·
Vendor
3,629 Posts
This was just off a facebook group. But I do remember something about that. They were all saying it wasn't torqued correctly but I think they were just guessing. More likely the rear brake locked from heat expansion and eventually tore free from the rim.
that picture is posted in motomillion IG over 3 weeks ago

https://www.pictosee.com/p/2189994312398242040

Reactions: ampj8 and bennymx

·
Administrator
7,722 Posts
Nope. Not my pics. But these both got knocked back for warranty. One looks like an impact. The other looks like the standard surface cracks BMW describe only that there is clearly fibers showing. More than clear coat cracks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, the more of these complaints I see the more I'm glad I didn't get the 2020... I hope BMW changes their mind for future builds on quality of parts. For the price of the bike and the features you get, seemed too good to be true. All this confirms that.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wow, the more of these complaints I see the more I'm glad I didn't get the 2020... I hope BMW changes their mind for future builds on quality of parts. For the price of the bike and the features you get, seemed too good to be true. All this confirms that.
You would be wrong.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Read the post at the beginning and you’ll find all the answers as this topic has been one of the dominant features of this bike.
BMW has its vendor improving quality wheels are being changed under guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
3,629 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I checked my rear one and it also has cracks around the same places like in the video. Small, barely visible but I suppose it is going to get worse.

·
Vendor
3,629 Posts
This has been a major pain in the ass.

youtube]MuSGADokhKo
yours deserves to be warranty out by some dealer.

Reactions: Bram
221 - 240 of 264 Posts