BMW S1000RR Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
i bought this one yesterday from Amazon for $12. it is back to $22 today. I don't know if it is good or not, but had the most stars. I did not check ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V3C47YD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I order similar one thanks. Will give this a go once I get the cable.
Looks like it won't be an issue based on the reviews. I know some people even made their own cables, apparently it's not that difficult.

· Premium Member
206 Posts

· Registered
2021 S1000RR M package
18 Posts
A lot of this tech stuff is beyond me and a lot of trouble to go to for a marginal aesthetic benefit but would not all this "coding" show up in the bikes computer at the next service? Seems like a quick way to invalidate your nice three year warranty?

If I asked the dealer to do it for me would they? I live in Ireland.

· Vendor
5,239 Posts
A lot of this tech stuff is beyond me and a lot of trouble to go to for a marginal aesthetic benefit but would not all this "coding" show up in the bikes computer at the next service? Seems like a quick way to invalidate your nice three year warranty?

If I asked the dealer to do it for me would they? I live in Ireland.
This modification of the DRL will show up on the ISTA dealer software. A VO/FA code must be inserted to the build structure of the bikes operational EEPROM side. So, if a dealer connected ISTA, did a scan on the ECU/BIKE ( which they have to ) and see the VO/FA code, they can open a PUMA report with BMWAG for investigation. That would lead them to know that 'someone' inserted this code with ESYS and this software package is not even allowed to be used by BMW mechanics. So, someone outside of BMW must have done the ESYS programming. That can lead to your warranty being voided.

So to answer also, no, the dealer will not and cannot modify the code structure to allow DRL or any other modification outside of the factory build options. When additional build options are installed by the dealer it is done with a FSC process. These FSC typically cost money. That is how BMWAG designed the system for a return customer and they make money.

So the question is this. Does your tuner allow de-modifications for free and reinstall after the dealer visit for your updates on the ECU and other hardware? I do. I am not a button pusher. I am someone that is trained in ESYS and other ESG software from Motorrad and BMWAG.

Things that can be done with the K67 go far beyond watching your headlights glow from Halo to Beam and back to Halo.

DDC delete
Race Pro Mode add on
ABS delete
Fuel warning shut off for track
TPMS recalibration for your tire pressures
DTC recalibration for less false light ups
M start up splash
M 16000 RPM calibration correct for proper readout ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBT5vd7eJGJWY6N3L2Cgn7A/videos )
M GPS Laptimer add on
S GPS Laptimer add on
Engine Water Temp on screen in all screen modes
Speed Lock out disable for adjustments on the fly at any speed

many many more features but most are just street use add ons that are not related to track use.

Reactions: Garagemoto7

· Registered
8 Posts
This was actually pretty easy - Curious if anyone is able to share codes/process for the following as well 👀
-Full screen low fuel warning
-Change TPMS setpoints
-Water temp display
-Disable speed lock

61 - 75 of 75 Posts