BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Constructed from precision made 6061 aluminum alloy, a Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit for the BMW S1000RR tidies up the rear end of your bike with no cutting of the OEM fairings. Smaller than the original, and lighter too, this fender kit sets your bike apart from the rest with its unique look and bright LEDs lighting up your license plate.

Easy to install requiring only simple modifications to the BMW’s OEM tail light harness, an individual with basic tools can do this in about an hour.

We have these ready to ship today – call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817. You can also email your questions to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with YOSH BMW ELIMINATOR in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Kit includes simple instructions, all required hardware and stickers.

Fully assembled, just add your own license plate.

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Installation Guide

To install the Yoshimura Tail Tidy kit, you need the following tools:
10mm crescent wrench
#2 Phillips screw driver
4mm Allen key
T27 Torx
T25 Torx
Diagonal side cutters
Electricians Crimp Tool
Heat Shrink
Heat Gun

Start by removing the OEM license plate bracket. First, cut the ziptie and disconnect the OEM harness under the passenger seat.

Next, remove the fender itself.

The forward spacers must go. Take them off by removing the three bolts on each side of the draft shield.

Here you can see the left one has been removed.

Save the bolts that hold the BMW’s bracket on, you’ll need them for the Yoshimura part.

Now remove the OEM signals from the fender.

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Then, you have to disassemble them.

Remove the brown and blue leads shown here from the light apparatus and then pull them through and out of the signal housing.

When you’re finished, the OEM harness should be completely free of the old fender.

Assemble the Yoshimura kit and add the turn signals.

You must cut off the OEM license plate light and attach the LED leads with the included butt connectors. You can also solder them if you like (recommended) and be sure to shrink wrap the connections to keep water out.

Take your time running the wires through the Yoshimura Fender Eliminator and connect the turn signals appropriately. You don’t want to get the wiring backwards! Yoshimura was kind enough to include the color of the leads going to each side in case you forget or don’t write everything down.

Now, attached the fender eliminator bracket.

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This gives you an idea of the spacer arrangement. You want to be sure that bolt hole that goes thru the turn signal mounts brackets and attachment bracket line up perfectly under the two smaller spacers BEFORE you try to put the whole contraption on the bike.

It goes on easily enough, first route the wire harness through the plastic into the undertray. Rhen attach on the aft-most bolt on the fender eliminator kit - but DO NOT tighten it right away. You want to leave it loose so you can get the forward spacers between the bracket and the bodywork. Once the forward bolts on the bracket are threaded thru, tighten everything up.

Reconnect the harness and test the turn signals to make sure everything is oriented correctly and you're all set. All you have to do now is tidy up the excess harness under the seat with the included zipties and you're done.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If possible could you measure the size of plate that it's possible to fit, it looks v.small to be so doubt a UK size plate will fit on that. :(

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ducky, the inside of the frame is 153mm x 80mm. The bolt-to-bolt length for the top eyelets is 165mm. You could feasibly put a plate on that's 225mm across. You aren't required to use the bezel with the Yoshimura emblem on it. The turn signals and the license plate holder would all bolt on without the bezel. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have this on order. Thx to TJ and Riders Discount for great photos on all these products. This my be my new fav part of the forum.

Great prices on the Yosh products too!

Sonic

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wonder, is there any rubbing with the plate or bushings on the undertail. I like to remove my fender/tail lights for track days. I wouldn't want to have it all worn and strached. The stock is quite mounted with no movement or rubbing. I see the mounting plate is flat, however the undertail is not. Any opinion on this. I do like it though. Just trying to decide.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts