BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Plugged both the lambda's in. and the bike runs like trash now.

With my bren tune. I wonder if I can ride this thing without anything plugged in.

·
Vendor
4,722 Posts
Does the GS911 show any codes on the Bank 1 or Bank 2 sensors?

I suggest plugging them all back in and putting the stock tune file back in and see how it runs. If better stay that way for the track day.

Reactions: Fosters

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sounds like it's time to take the bike to a dealership

it just got out from there.... I honestly think that once this issue is finally resolved that i'll sell the bike. The constant recalls and system failures are getting to be expensive, time consuming, and frustrating...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
They try however…

Ive isolated the problem however. Turns out I have a bad o2 sensor (fail just as much as coils apparently).
Now I know for a fact they’re going to hose me on that and deny warranty ☹

·
Registered
173 Posts
They try however…

Ive isolated the problem however. Turns out I have a bad o2 sensor (fail just as much as coils apparently).
Now I know for a fact they’re going to hose me on that and deny warranty
Bank 1 or 2 sensor? Which code? I get multiple different codes for the same failed sensor, got tired of changing them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think bank two. I can’t remember honestly. I got frustrated and unplugged them all. The power loss from have one bad sensor was big and debatably dangerous.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think bank two. I can’t remember honestly. I got frustrated and unplugged them all. The power loss from have one bad sensor was big and debatably dangerous.
That’s weird as I don’t have any power lose with one sensor not working.. I just had an issue during my last race where the bike went into limp mode at the start.. still not sure if it’s the lambda sensor or fuel pump issue..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,947 Posts
Well if the bike is running like sh1t. It could be a o2 sensor (among other things). BMW do sell a motorsport o2 sensor which is supposed to have improved durability over the standard sensors. They are developed for WSBK and EWC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It shocked me too. I tried running only the fronts, only the rears, all four and the results were the same. Misfire and power loss. Even in 2nd gear, at 45mph, traction control off, most aggressive mode, a full and snappy throttle twist and the bike would have a hard time even lifting the wheel…

frustrating is a very modest term to describe the situation.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maybe you have a short in your wiring? Odd that three would fail on you
I need to have another look into it actually.. I went through a total of 5 sensors and then just stopped changing them, that’s was all within 1200km on the bike.. I’ve had bigger issues with the K67 that kinda distracted me from that problem until this past weekends race..

My k67 has had the shiftcam actuators replaced twice, Camshaft replaced, full gearbox replacement.. all were done under warranty even though it’s a race bike.. but they wouldn’t help with the lambda sensors..lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I need to have another look into it actually.. I went through a total of 5 sensors and then just stopped changing them, that’s was all within 1200km on the bike.. I’ve had bigger issues with the K67 that kinda distracted me from that problem until this past weekends race..

My k67 has had the shiftcam actuators replaced twice, Camshaft replaced, full gearbox replacement.. all were done under warranty even though it’s a race bike.. but they wouldn’t help with the lambda sensors..lol

seriously?? Sounds like a lemon to me… I would probably have a full on panic attack in your shoes ☹

21 - 40 of 43 Posts