BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
The R1M rider weighs 160lbs. Really hard to make up power with that kind of weight difference. I would need a turbo with my fat ass lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My buddy's '05 Gixxer 1000 would kill 'em all. Y'all riding in Dallas right?
Yep we in Dallas tell him to bring it out. I have the same name on IG, he can hit meet up we meeting again.

I have never understood what's the point of these highway runs and pulls?
Its no different from tracking, stunting, or straight line racing everyone has their fun way of enjoying motorcycle.

Useless wang waiving is the point. A poodle can ride a bike in a straight line.[/QUOTE]

Motorcycle riders kill me with that pointless statement.

The R1M rider weighs 160lbs. Really hard to make up power with that kind of weight difference. I would need a turbo with my fat ass lol
Lol, well strap that turbo on and lets go.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep we in Dallas tell him to bring it out. I have the same name on IG, he can hit meet up we meeting again.

Its no different from tracking, stunting, or straight line racing everyone has their fun way of enjoying motorcycle.

Useless wang waiving is the point. A poodle can ride a bike in a straight line.
Motorcycle riders kill me with that pointless statement.

Lol, well strap that turbo on and lets go.[/QUOTE]

I don’t ride the street anymore, too many crazy cars. You live in Dallas, if you come track that thing let me know. I am always down to ride with other Bimmers on the track

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
These types of videos do nothing for me. All I see is a bunch of riders taking huge risks - sport riding is one thing - high speed runs like these - sooner or later - the odds will not be in their favor.

We have all ridden fast and still ride fast - that is the point of these machines and I get it - but when doing 150 mph/220 feet per second on a highway - time after time like these guys - well their odds of not getting creamed are going to the curb rather quickly.

Trust me I like spirited rides - which never involves the highway by the way - hitting terminal speeds does absolutely nothing for me - now coming out of a corner perfectly riding fast to the next corner and doing it again - well that gets my attention.

And certainly I ride my RR all the time where I hit 150 mph or more (at the track) - I just don't do it where it involves unsuspecting motorist driving cars or tractor trailers.

I must be old - I can remember way back when doing some very crazy stuff on the street - really glad I'm still here to write about it - these days I don't have it in me to do it.

Okay I'm done and I know I should sell my RR and buy a scooter and move into a senior citizens neighborhood.

·
4,589 Posts
My version of a high speed pull on a stock R1 giving it without lube to euro bikes (my first time at COTA) >:)
Passing at 176mph.

·
Registered
231 Posts
These types of videos do nothing for me. All I see is a bunch of riders taking huge risks - sport riding is one thing - high speed runs like these - sooner or later - the odds will not be in their favor.

We have all ridden fast and still ride fast - that is the point of these machines and I get it - but when doing 150 mph/220 feet per second on a highway - time after time like these guys - well their odds of not getting creamed are going to the curb rather quickly.

Trust me I like spirited rides - which never involves the highway by the way - hitting terminal speeds does absolutely nothing for me - now coming out of a corner perfectly riding fast to the next corner and doing it again - well that gets my attention.

And certainly I ride my RR all the time where I hit 150 mph or more (at the track) - I just don't do it where it involves unsuspecting motorist driving cars or tractor trailers.

I must be old - I can remember way back when doing some very crazy stuff on the street - really glad I'm still here to write about it - these days I don't have it in me to do it.

Okay I'm done and I know I should sell my RR and buy a scooter and move into a senior citizens neighborhood.
Scooters r dangerous, ok?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lmao.

I'd smoke all of them with my 155lbs fully geared up...

Good things come in small packages. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Where'd you get that video of BruceV on his scooter? Terrorizing his neighborhood I see...... :)
Hey I said I used to do some crazy stuff - this scooter video just supports what I was saying - taking risks like that - sooner or later you are going to have a bad day.

Again I'm not saying I don't go out for a very spirited ride and push a few boundaries because I do - but I pick and choose when and where I do it - to lower the risk in doing so.

What I did when I was 30-40 years old - just not happening today.

Truth be told I'm way too afraid of getting mucked up because of me going out and riding like a madman on the street.

You guys know my story - I have a very large need for speed - I go to the track a lot - so when I take my street bikes out - that need is not there.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
What I did when I was 30-40 years old - just not happening today.
Oh my. After a 28 year layoff (returned to riding in 2014) I was sure I'd lose my license within 6 months. Fortunately I restrained myself. The first ride I went on that resembled what I did in my 30's, I was riding over my head on roads I had never seen and had 2 moments/ saves. It wasn't enjoyable. Since then I've had 3 similar rides and I loved them! :surprise: I did 5 track days in'16, 30+ in'17 and my itch still isn't being scratched. :frown2: I'm close to breaking the promise I made to myself when I bought the HP4. And that was to never race again. Purchased my AFM license and have to go through "new racer school" which make me laugh. I have no illusions of winning a championship or even placing. I've just never felt more alive or had more purpose than when the flag dropped. I need to feel that at least one more time. :wink2: And by my old friends standards and my current friends standards, that makes me crazy. I've admitted to that since I was 17. Not all of us grow up. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts