BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
BMW S1000XR
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought i'd share my experience that i had with BHPUK for the people who live in europe and want to tune their bike.

Basically it's tuning the bike with a handheld device just like BT.
You receive the device, read your ecu and with your pc you then send the file to them. After they did their magic on the file, they send it back to you and write that modded file to your bike using the same device.

I had to wait a little more than a week because they had some issues at first with being able to modify the file. That's because BMW used some other encryption or some sort with my newer version XR.

So finally this bike finally runs as it should run straight from the factory.

The throttle response is now crisp and smooth, and it keeps pulling with more noticeable power throughout the rev range.

Riding just above 2000 rpm's in all gears is now so much smoother, just like it was with my previous bike single R.

Another improvement is now i'm able to aggressively pull away from a standstill with ease.

Before the remap, it sometimes had the tendency to stall the engine if your weren't careful with the throttle when taking of, even when you added more throttle there was no real direct response. It felt like i was lugging the engine. But that is fortunately fixed now.

I occasionally had issues shifting with the QS from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th at just above 4000 rpm. That is now completely gone. Even when i try to provoke it.

And lastly, the cold start is also fixed proper good. It starts and idles at a "normal" rpm.
My neighbours thank me that my bike isn't so loud anymore because of the high idling early in the morning.

I'd say it is definitly worth it.

Reactions: RobLS

·
Registered
2022 BMW S1000R
28 Posts
Great to hear and congrats. I have my unit waiting until I get to my 600 mile break-in service and my new headers to get back from being ceramic coated. I too am currently not a fan of the quick shifter around that rpm range, glad to hear it'll be better. Also glad to hear that lack of direct response has been cleared up, also a slight annoyance of mine.

Enjoy the many miles to come on your bike!

·
Registered
BMW S1000XR
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is also coated. Cleaning becomes so much easier after it's coated.

You'll be able to enjoy your machine even more when it's free of all its electronic restrictions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts