BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just got my RR 2022 and would like to know what is off-throttle acoustics, got a few places mentioning it but is there a definition? Sorry fot the post but I was not able to find here or in the internet.

·
Banned
3,422 Posts
I think it's when you shout "Yee-HAWW!" during the adrenaline rush after closing the throttle after a good, long, full-throttle run....but maybe that's just me... 🤣

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's the exhaust popping when you let off the throttle.
The stock exhaust may be muffled a little from the factory, but any slip-on will reveal it.
Congrats on the new purchase!
@ZZZ The last time I shouted "Ye-Haaaw," I was power wheeling through 3 gears :p

·
Premium Member
4,802 Posts
This may be of interest. I posted this regarding the 2015 when it first came out and the overrun cutoff option:

Overrun is when you shut the throttle, but the engine is still spinning and not doing any work. The drivetrain is however keeping the engine spinning.

Overrun cutoff is shutting the fuel off during overrun.

Deactivating the overrun cutoff keeps some fuel running to the injectors even though the rider has shut the throttle. This decreases engine braking. The added fuel helps cool the engine and control temperatures. It also makes a sudden throttle on smoother. And makes race cars shoot flames out of the exhaust on throttle off. :)

The fuel will automatically be turned back on when RPM drops to around 1,000 RPM over idle speed.

Unlike Ducati's system, the BMW does not allow us to tune in the amount of engine braking we would like. There is just the "normal" setting and the overrun cutoff setting. For no engine braking, more fuel needs to be added so that the engine spins on its own without relying on the driveline, but is yet not accelerating.

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
305 Posts
I think you can choose from multiple engine braking settings on the K67. Here is a video on a S1000R 2021 that shows its possible in dynamic pro setting so it is most likely also available on the K67 settings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the information, I assumed it would be about the pops when you turn off the throttle, but I thought it had a more formal definition.

In the K67 you can choose the engine brake level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.