BMW S1000RR Forum banner

WSBK 2019 (Spoiler)

22K views 196 replies 45 participants last post by  wfo439 
#1 ·
WorldSBK 2019

Was watching practice earlier and the announcers said there will be no superstock 1000 class next year in WorldSBK, WTF!?

#145 ·
Sykes was 5th first race. Not sure how he did it as WSBK was focusing on the leaders. He was 8th or worse prior to final results. :rolleyes: Dorna needs to remove whatever restrictions they placed on the Kawasakis so Rea can compete with Bautista on a level playing field. :wink2:

#146 ·
Sykes was 5th first race. Not sure how he did it as WSBK was focusing on the leaders. He was 8th or worse prior to final results.
Dorna needs to remove whatever restrictions they placed on the Kawasakis so Rea can compete with Bautista on a level playing field. /images/S1000RRForum_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
He made 5th because of the Ducati lowside on the last lap. I'm curious if the issue really is simply the engine or the rider, or both. I mean he was top three for a minute then suddenly started falling behind rather quickly. Found himself in a survival mode for the rest of the race. Good job battling back to make 6th, got lucky i guess to get 5th. Maybe it IS just the engine since he was able to battle back after all but still....5th by chance? Crash aside, his position had only improved by 2 if you think about it. I remember a few guys here not too thrilled about Sykes riding for bmw when it was first announced. I was curious as to why. Will an engine upgrade alone make THAT much of a difference?

#149 ·
12th for Sykes again smh.... Bautista is just destroying everyone else. Great fight for 2nd, that was awesome to watch. Just wish bmw would do better...

#152 ·
The motor performance of the V4 duc isn't it's only strength, it really is there motogp bike tech watered down for WSBK, but they also have a rider using it called Bautista who is exploiting the duc for all it's worth with his talent. Honestly they could limit the V4 duc another 1000rpm & Bautista will still be wining with the form & talent he is showing in WSBK. I mean come on look at the battle every race so far for second if the duc was that much better it should be finishing 1/2/3 especially with riders onboard like Davies & Laverty, the X factor is Bautista.

#153 ·
#155 ·
#160 ·
From ? to ☃ at Assen!

A great Superpole for Markus Reiterberger: P3 and his maiden front row in WorldSBK ?? - on the other side it was bad luck for Tom Sykes: he was on a really super fast lap on his BMW S 1000 RR when Superpole was red-flagged, meaning he had to settle with sixth on the second row.

And Saturday's race? That was cancelled due to snow ❄❄?

So tomorrow will see two full races on the schedule for the BMW Motorrad WorldSBK Team.

#BMWS1000RR #WorldSBK #NLDWorldSBK ??

#161 ·
Got up at 04:30 to watch the race live. No joy. Can't argue with snow, rain and sleet.

A side note: MotoGP and MotoAmerica + still don't have the bandwidth for live broadcasts. :frown2: Lots of buffering with MotoGp Q1 and Q2. Almost unwatchable. MotoAmerica+ was unwatchable live. Even the FS2 broadcast of MotoAmerica had tons of errors and pixilation. Unacceptable. We need to watch live feeds with zero errors and buffering. :frown2: Everyone that experienced what I did need to complain immediately if unacceptable customer service is to be eliminated. :frown2:

#164 ·
Race 1, another win for AB, 2nd for Rea, 6th for Reit, 10th for sykes. Still hoping for a better showing from BMW in race 2. At least reiterberger(sp?) finished in the top 10 finally.

#167 ·
And 28 was in front of 66 in both races!! That was interesting.

Let’s see if the one month break gives them a chance to get to matching power to the other boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tried&True21
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.