BMW S1000RR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I maybe wrong but sure one of the races I watched the commentator said the BMW was still using the stock spec engine at the moment so if true there power & speed will increase. The Duc was a weapon in the hands of Bautista yet no other Duc really performed & PI is a major power track.
Yeah, Bautista definitely has the ability that's for sure. I'm curious to see what's gonna happen when BMW does change out or upgrade their engine to race specs.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I maybe wrong but sure one of the races I watched the commentator said the BMW was still using the stock spec engine at the moment so if true there power & speed will increase. The Duc was a weapon in the hands of Bautista yet no other Duc really performed & PI is a major power track.
I didn't hear that, but if it was a stock motor, then his performance was truly impressive.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I didn't hear that, but if it was a stock motor, then his performance was truly impressive.
I heard "fairly stock" from one of the announcers at one point -- somewhere on here someone mentioned the engines blowing up on Friday and having to be replaced with stock ones, but I could not find any references for that anywhere...doesn't mean it didn't happen, though.

·
Registered
168 Posts

I hope they can figure out the lack of a proper top end out. That just sounds downright scary to be missing vital power but still be expected to compete. Is the new RR to be considered a Honda??

·
Registered
336 Posts
I hope they can figure out the lack of a proper top end out. That just sounds downright scary to be missing vital power but still be expected to compete. Is the new RR to be considered a Honda??
Seems like he did alright with an underpowered bike in Superpole, but Sykes came in 9th in RACE1. Bautista is just making WSBK his bitch, though, even with Rae nearly crashing him out.

WorldSBK

http://resources.worldsbk.com/files/results/2019/THA/SBK/001/CLA/Results.pdf?version=3f254ea62985e67d70d5751fd79112ed

Rae finished about 8.2 seconds behind Bautista.

·
Registered
336 Posts
BMW getting stuffed in straight line. Not pretty.
Yeah, it more than the others for sure. Even that Kawasaki Rea is on though doesn't stand a chance in a straight it looks like -- not sure how Bautista is doing so much better on that bike than every one else there. I'd say it is factory support, but Davies is way way down there.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1106847445600870400

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
Yeah, it more than the others for sure. Even that Kawasaki Rea is on though doesn't stand a chance in a straight it looks like -- not sure how Bautista is doing so much better on that bike than every one else there. I'd say it is factory support, but Davies is way way down there.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1106847445600870400
I'm talking about the Gawd Damn Yamahahahahas pulling on zee beemer.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Hoping when we get to tracks without the long straights, Rea and BMW will be more competitive.

What is puzzling me is why is Bautista so much faster the Davies on what is supposed to be the same bike? Is Ducati purposely sabotaging him? It's been done before. A well connected friend told me that Yamaha (allegedly) made Spies bikes uncompetitive because they hated his mom and wanted Rossi back. He knew so many people in the industry that I had no reason to doubt him. And he had nothing to gain by lying to me. If Davies is on the same bike, he should be top 5 at least. Not that I'm a Davies fan. If something smells fishy it should be discussed. :laugh:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Stuff ducati. Rea has nothing for Bautista. The beamer needs more hp.
Sadly the blame lies with BMW for lack of factory support at this point (or lack of being ready for a season they chose to compete in). Not it's competitors. Besides, they are not racing with a stock exhaust, so there's got to at least be "220hp" and hopefully a tune to eek out some more...yet things still don't look that great.

Hoping when we get to tracks without the long straights, Rea and BMW will be more competitive.

What is puzzling me is why is Bautista so much faster the Davies on what is supposed to be the same bike? Is Ducati purposely sabotaging him? It's been done before. A well connected friend told me that Yamaha (allegedly) made Spies bikes uncompetitive because they hated his mom and wanted Rossi back. He knew so many people in the industry that I had no reason to doubt him. And he had nothing to gain by lying to me. If Davies is on the same bike, he should be top 5 at least. Not that I'm a Davies fan. If something smells fishy it should be discussed. :laugh:
I didn't realize Davies crashed out and remounted for his 15th position finish. He was doing fine in 8th before, which is probably about right for someone who hasn't had experience with the bike and isn't a slouch. Davies is also not of the same caliber as Bautista as we are finding. It's not the bike. It's the rider. It seems that the skill gap between MotoGP and WSBK is just a lot larger than I think most people thought.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Sadly the blame lies with BMW for lack of factory support at this point (or lack of being ready for a season they chose to compete in). Not it's competitors. Besides, they are not racing with a stock exhaust, so there's got to at least be "220hp" and hopefully a tune to eek out some more...yet things still don't look that great.

I didn't realize Davies crashed out and remounted for his 15th position finish. He was doing fine in 8th before, which is probably about right for someone who hasn't had experience with the bike and isn't a slouch. Davies is also not of the same caliber as Bautista as we are finding. It's not the bike. It's the rider. It seems that the skill gap between MotoGP and WSBK is just a lot larger than I think most people thought.

Yes but the way Bautista just blew past Rea on that exit speaks to the difference in machinery.. that was not a skill gap.

·
Super Moderator
6,341 Posts
Well. 6 from 6. This is like the previous years with Rea but now its Bautista. Can't seem him losing at all tbh. Unless he crashes. He's straight out faster than Rea every where. Rea may have some slight corner advantages but it's not enough all round the track to make him faster over all. The ducati has it on the straights and is good enough through the corners.

·
4,590 Posts
Damn Bautista is ahead by 9 seconds. Not even funny lol. Given it's another track, and only him that far ahead, so it's not just the bike.

How in hell is R1's top speed the 2nd fastest after V4R? Maybe I should stick to piano brand haha.

BMW rushed the new RR for sure. I hope they figure it out, it's not even competitive against older gen bikes in WSBK.

81 - 100 of 197 Posts