BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not the bike, it’s the rider. BAU is too strong. Also a familiar track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's both, let's be honest. Bautista is good, it is a motogp track, it's a bike (vaguely) similar to one he's been riding for a while. It's also a hell of a bike, you must admit. I said recently in another thread they haven't won since I think 2011 and are keen to do so again. They had zero success after the 1098. For a manufacturer who dominates WSBK (there's no other way to put it when you look at the record of 17 wins and the next two closest being Kawa/Ape with 4 wins) I do not think they liked not winning the past decade or so and this is the resulting machine -- finally pushed them away from the twin.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
This is absolutely correct in all respects. :)

As a separate note, others are following Ducati's lead by developing their own wings, such as Yamaha for its MotoGP bike, because they work. See, e.g., click.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I figured Bautista would be strong, but not 14 seconds and walk across the line strong.

Hate to say it but the way the S1RR was being passed out of the last turn onto main straight it looked down on power. It even looked like Sykes was twisting the crap out of the throttle like WTF? lol!

It will be interesting to see if Bautista can pull a "Fogarty" all season and leave everyone playing catch me if you can...

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
The BMW is clearly down on power given its slower straight line speed.

The last straight may have been worse, but I suspect Sykes was simply frustrated.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
The BMW is clearly down on power given its slower straight line speed.

The last straight may have been worse, but I suspect Sykes was simply frustrated.

From what I heard, the first couple of races, they are still running a stock engine. That’s why the are down on power. Hopefully they get that sorted soon

·
Registered
186 Posts
Poor performance from Sykes in race one. I was expecting a lot more from BMW.

On a side note, M version has decals on plastics, which are not clear coated. This will make removal of decals a breeze for those who don't like the multi colors.

·
Super Moderator
6,330 Posts
Poor performance from Sykes in race one. I was expecting a lot more from BMW.

On a side note, M version has decals on plastics, which are not clear coated. This will make removal of decals a breeze for those who don't like the multi colors.
He is 10HP down on the other bikes and about 10-15km/h down on the straights. They knew it would be a problem for the race. It will be fixed soon enough.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Yes the threads need to be merged or the last thread created locked and redirecting to first thread posted.

That said: I can't help but wonder if the talent difference between MotoGP and WSBK is that great? (Rea being a possible exception ) Bautista was a second tier rider in MotoGp. Chaz Davies must feel like sh_t having the new guy stomp him into the ground. Team leader to also ran in 1 race. It was nice to the old war horse Melandri have a good finish. (also ex MotoGP) The Yamaha wasn't wobbling like the Ducati he rode last year. :laugh: Looking forward to race 2. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Race 2 time!! Here we go! How many seconds will Bautista win by?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Very impressed by Sykes being so far behind on HP and top speed. Should be competitive by the end of the year so long as Bautista isn't winning every race by 15 seconds or more...

41 - 60 of 197 Posts