BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Excellent video. Either that is the smoothest track in America or you are using some excellent video stabilization software. If it is the latter, please share. Despite my camera mounting being rock solid., video from Sonoma looks like I'm riding a paved motocross track. :rolleyes:
NCBike is smooth, but you still get vibration from certain mounting locations. When you mount the camera to the helmet the body act as a stabilizer. There's no stabilizing involved in the editing, all I do is trim the clips, put them together, and add some commentary. It's a trial and error process; on the video below you can see how I mounted the camera to the front of the bike and the video was nearly unusable.

Then there's the audio; for the most part if you don't use an external microphone there's going to be plenty of wind-noise and vibration to make it an annoying video to watch.

True dat! To be fair, we are all to blame. :frown2: The OP poked fun at the red S1000RR in print and in the video.
All in good fun. I made some compromises when I bought the XR, but when I was at the track I was really wishing I was riding the RR instead.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
LOL... your almost unusable video is better than mine with a ball mount in the steering stem. :frown2: Either Sonoma is "that" bumpy or my suspension settings suck. :surprise:

Edit: The Smarty cam is much too heavy for a helmet mount. :frown2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah, the Cuban Rider is here as well, making the S1000RR owners feel ashamed :D
Always fun to watch that XR and if you ever for whatever reason plan to do a track day in Belgium, let me know in advance so that I can cancel my booking for that day >:)

·
Registered
311 Posts
How do you sync up the front and rear videos? Or just try to turn them on at the same time manually?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
How do you sync up the front and rear videos? Or just try to turn them on at the same time manually?
It's all done with editing software. You need software that can edit at least two tracks of video; some of the common names are Adobe Premiere Elements, Final Cut Pro (for Mac), Sony Vegas Pro, and Micromedia PowerDirector. I use the last two ones; I bought PowerDirector 15 recently because it has some of the tools I need and speeds up my rendering process, but for less than $100 other people might prefer Adobe Premiere Elements.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I just downloaded Sony Vegas Pro for free. Also have Photoshop CS6 free for pics. Pirate life brahs.
Lots of people get Sony Vegas from less than legit sources; been there done that. I bought and now use PowerDirector because it's cheap when on sale ($65 or so). If I had done a little more research I would have probably gone with Adobe Premiere.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Was that an rsv4 or R1 that's tore strips off you early in the video? Can only imagine what all the newbies showing up with track bikes must think when you go around the outside aha.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nice riding again mate, I reckon you're having more fun than anyone else on the track and then riding home in complete comfort.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts