BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
For someone who talks so much sh1t. You're not even on slicks and warmers. Get with the program.
Well said! Sheit! Even ''85 Stock Prod" racers were using race compounds on the street and track. No warmers :rolleyes: No one was complaining about the cost. :surprise:

Yes, slicks and warmers will help, but until I have a dedicated track bike, I'll stick to street tires. Moving to race street-legal tires for my next set. Here goes my hard earned money :surprise:
Dude! You are bragging about doing 22+ track days, your precious M3 tow vehicle and you are whining about $$$$. Live in your car if you have to, to make your 2015 a dedicated track bike. If you were really "all about the track and speed" as you profess to be, stop pinching "pennies!" The money you object to spending is "pennies" for the # of track days you have done and dollars. you have already spent. :wink2:

·
4,644 Posts
Dude! You are bragging about doing 22+ track days, your precious M3 tow vehicle and you are whining about $$$$. Live in your car if you have to, to make your 2015 a dedicated track bike. If you were really "all about the track and speed" as you profess to be, stop pinching "pennies!" The money you object to spending is "pennies" for the # of track days you have done and dollars. you have already spent. :wink2:
My dilemma is what to replace my RR with for the street. I don't like current options, 2017 looks promising for new offerings, so next year I'll have a dedicated track bike. I'm set on new HP4 unless something else tops it.

You missed the sarcasm in my money comment. :x obviously I'm passionate about bike & track life. I have other $hit going on that makes it hard to get a full proper track setup.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I get schooled by 300s sometimes, but sorry to disappoint you, your guy on XR is about 9 seconds behind my pace :x

....9 seconds huh? And you have lap data to verify this?:wink2:

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Nothing wrong with being passed. $hit, I know one racer/coach that runs 1:32 on a 300cc on that track. I do 1:35 on a leader bike >:)
He does 1:26 on a 600cc. I don't wanna know what his time is on a leader bike. He is on a race bike/slicks, I'm on street bike/tires.
"Leader bike" huh? Somehow, it seems more like you're on a "Follower bike".... LOL :)

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts

·
4,644 Posts
"Leader bike" huh? Somehow, it seems more like you're on a "Follower bike".... LOL :)
FYI: these days liter bikes are called leader bikes because it's how some people think liter is spelled lol. Get it? The joke is on you >:)
You hear it often during rides or track days from 600 riders. "Man I wish if I had me one of them leader bikes".

....9 seconds huh? And you have lap data to verify this?:wink2:
Do I look like I give a damn about verifying anything lol

It's simple Mr. Engineer. Look at rider's pace through turn 2 and 5 at NCBike. Tells you all you need to know.

·
4,644 Posts
Leader bike has become a piss take from the goons on motoriders universe on facebook. The actual idiots thought it was leader instead of liter. Some real flogs on that page.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Leader bike has become a piss take from the goons on motoriders universe on facebook. The actual idiots thought it was leader instead of liter. Some real flogs on that page.
Smart individuals do not do social media because if they spoke the truth, they would have to change their names every year because of all the politically incorrect things they say that could get them fired. :rolleyes: Businesses have to have a page to stay in the game. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
You missed the sarcasm in my money comment. :x obviously I'm passionate about bike & track life. I have other $hit going on that makes it hard to get a full proper track setup.
Yes, if that was indeed sarcasm, it sailed over my head. It had a ring of truth to it so I went with what you wrote. I'll give you a break this time. :laugh:

Other $hit is in the realm of possibility too. My pathetic 4 track day showing this year was due to paying off two bikes and the CC debit incurred to buy the stuff to do track days properly. I'll find out very quickly next year whether there is any fire left in the belly. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
We have this great post from hxrly with a video from NC Bike. I throughly enjoyed watching him pass sport bikes on what some may consider a utilitarian bike. It demonstrates what BMW has done to build an awesome bike. Further, it goes to show what a proper rider can do even on a bike like this.

What happens to this tread? It turns into a dick measuring contest with personal attacks. I'm really getting tired of it. There is a reason why many of our long timers are no longer active on the forum. I've drastically cut down on my posts, even on subject I could help resolve. I may go even further and not visit as much. If I do, I would miss out on great posts and videos like this.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
We have this great post from hxrly with a video from NC Bike. I throughly enjoyed watching him pass sport bikes on what some may consider a utilitarian bike. It demonstrates what BMW has done to build an awesome bike. Further, it goes to show what a proper rider can do even on a bike like this.

What happens to this tread? It turns into a dick measuring contest with personal attacks. I'm really getting tired of it. There is a reason why many of our long timers are no longer active on the forum. I've drastically cut down on my posts, even on subject I could help resolve. I may go even further and not visit as much. If I do, I would miss out on great posts and videos like this.
I have deleted the possibly-offending post, kind sir, and beg forgiveness for my sins! :)

It's just.....sometimes too hard not to poke fun at....er....certain....er....posters...... ;)

I will, however, try and refrain from said poking in the future....:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
9,654 Posts
There was a time when I poked fun at someone. This wasn't good behavior on my part, especially when it was in someone else's thread. I do apologize for it. I had hopes we would be a positive influence by helping people mature. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Let's not bring our selves and the forum to lower standards.

·
Registered
112 Posts

Well said SRO. I'm in the same boat as you; I used to check the forum multiple times a day to try to get decent tips or just to hear some good stories/experiences. I now find myself checking in about once a week and being disappointed. The original post from hxrly was one of the few good ones that pop up; thanks for the cool video.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
I've been getting more comfortable with the XR now that I have a few track days under my belt. Here's a compilation of highlights from my recent track day. Lots of fun passing that red S1000RR. >:) :wink2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNUqiMJkJJg
Excellent video. Either that is the smoothest track in America or you are using some excellent video stabilization software. If it is the latter, please share. Despite my camera mounting being rock solid., video from Sonoma looks like I'm riding a paved motocross track. :rolleyes:

True dat! To be fair, we are all to blame. :frown2: The OP poked fun at the red S1000RR in print and in the video. Everyone that knows where the common denominator lives and rides Ass-umed it was he. He responded to defend himself as was his right. And then things kind of spun out of control. I'm not sure more mod intervention is the answer, free speech and all but it might help.

There was a time when I poked fun at someone. This wasn't good behavior on my part, especially when it was in someone else's thread. I do apologize for it. I had hopes we would be a positive influence by helping people mature. That doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree with this. As you know, it is often difficult to resist the temptation. Voldemort. Oops, he that shall not be named is unfortunately the subject of most of these posts. Especially when one has been loosened up by a couple of glasses of wine or is knee walking from too much tequila. Don't ask me how I know about the latter! :surprise: We all love @bennymx! As a mod, he sometimes encourages this behavior but he always, always makes me laugh. That has to be points in his favor. :wink2:

While not recommending more mod intervention, perhaps we should let people state their opinion, allow for rebuttal and then delete all posts that are a fight to the death afterward? :confused: Not sure there is a one size fits all answer to this. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts

I probably deserve a good portion of the credit, (maybe all of it) for sending this thread towards the sewer...it was meant as a bit of a razz, nothing more.
Btw, as far as @z00 is concerned, I've spoke to him on the phone, when he still lived in California, and actually met him the day I broke my damn thumb at VIR South.
No I'm not close to him, but based on these interactions, I have a little more understanding of his personality in reality, rather than solely relying on printed words on a GUI.
In my opinion most of what he does indeed post is sarcastic, but unfortunately many seem to think it's always a 100% accurate of what he believes/feels/thinks.

If we're honest, I wouldn't be the only one to admit to talking a bunch of $hit here too, so Z-man and the rest of the forum, I do apologize for stirring the pot.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
it was meant as a bit of a razz, nothing more.
And that is the hard part. We all like to kid and crack jokes. At what point are we crossing the line? I took what was said verbatim and responded as if the printed word were true. My response was different when I was told I missed the sarcasm. :surprise:

·
Administrator
6,631 Posts
I try to think about the new member that reads through the thread. If it comes off poorly to the uninitiated, we are probably doing the site a disservice by being so, um, jolly in our discussion. But it is nice to have a bit of fun.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts