BMW S1000RR Forum banner

Winglet bracket

6K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  MARC-OLIVIER 
#1 ·
I've been searching on the forum and have not seen this posted yet.

It looks like there is a structural piece for the winglets to mount to. This was my assumption that they were not supported by the fairing alone. The last thing you want is these to rip off at the north end of the speedometer. It looks like to do the job "properly" you need the winglets, adapter plates and the bracket. I assume the Bracket Winglet - Carbon - BMW-Motorrad (46631542831) is the correct piece to brace the winglets by connecting them to the frame. Wondering if anyone can confirm this.

Is anyone running the winglet kit from Ilmberger / motomillion that includes only the winglets and backing plates on the S1000? How are they holding up at track speeds?

Font Event Auto part Automotive exterior Elbow

Aircraft Aviation Font Vehicle Airplane

See less See more
#2 ·
I posted about it with some pics in some thread when I disassembled my M1000 July 2021.

The support just keeps the fairing from bowing in under extreme down force pressure. Likely about 150 I would say. I have been only 195MPH on my M1000 so far.

Reactions: pilot51 and Fosters
#4 ·
It should fit in the S1000RR K67 as well. The headlight and fairing stay are the same and this is the location that bracket goes across.

Reactions: CarbonRR
#6 ·
Do you have any pictures? I'm very interested in the bracket. I see a lot of youtubers just add the winglets to the fairings with no bracket / support. I assume that would hold up fine at street speeds. I'm interested in the added downforce for track specifically so the bracket would be a must.

#8 ·
@CarbonRR

the bracket #9 is not the same / part of bracket #1 in the first picture.

#9 goes behind the side panel itself, then #1 bracket attaches to that. #1 goes over the headlight assembly.

Here is #1 pic hanging down below the headlight area

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Then this is the bracket #9 on the backside of the side panel. I did other pics later, but I cannot find those right now

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Reactions: Big Kenny
#9 ·
@CarbonRR

the bracket #9 is not the same / part of bracket #1 in the first picture.

#9 goes behind the side panel itself, then #1 bracket attaches to that. #1 goes over the headlight assembly.

Here is #1 pic hanging down below the headlight area

View attachment 222795

Then this is the bracket #9 on the backside of the side panel. I did other pics later, but I cannot find those right now

View attachment 222796
I didn’t do the whole bracket set up. I just used #9.

#10 ·
and number one bracket Part Number: 46631542831 is only $ 872.43

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.