BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased a 2017 S1000RR and I'm looking to put on a full Akra system. I'm really not a fan of the 2017 Akra offerings - the MotoGP style will be deafening with the mid-exhaust and cat removed, and the other offering from Akra which comes in black or silver finish is boxy and huge - I'm not a fan.

The video below seems to show a 15-16 full Akra exhaust fitted to a 2017.

Note that the header has the single outlet leading to the exhaust too, so I'm fairly certain that it's a 15-16 Evo system.

Can anyone confirm that the 15-16 Akra full system will actually fit on a 2017?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick update - Akrapovic now list the stainless full system (S-B103R-CZT) and the full titanium version (S-B10ES-CZT), which are the same part numbers as the 2015/2015 exhaust as being 2017 compatible on their website, so it looks as if it should bolt up no issues.

It probably also means that 15/16 full system will be the only full system from Akra for the 2017 rather than them creating a new one for the 2017.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well to answer my own question, a 15-16 Akra full system does bolt up to a 2017 with no issues at all. Other than the rear exhaust flapper cover using a bolt instead of a clip, and slightly different unbolting of the stock exhaust, the 15-16 instructions can be followed to get it installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well to answer my own question, a 15-16 Akra full system does bolt up to a 2017 with no issues at all. Other than the rear exhaust flapper cover using a bolt instead of a clip, and slightly different unbolting of the stock exhaust, the 15-16 instructions can be followed to get it installed.
Sorry for opening old thread.

I was wondering if it will be possible to use 15 - 16 headers along with 15 -16 slip on Akra on 2017 model?
Whats your take on it?

Below are the links of the products I am thinking about.

Akrapovic Full Carbon Slip On

Akrapovic SS Headers

·
Vendor
2,627 Posts
The answer is yes. It was documented that the headers from the 15/16 product line flowed well enough to be within 4HP of a full Akra header with equal type mufflers attached to them. So for the 17/18/19 K46 it is a huge benefit in weight and performance as a nice expense to get the 15/16 headers with the bullet CATS and use a nice slip on muffler system with it. There are some nice CAT delete link pipes also that add to the better flow using the factory headers as well. Then those CAT delete link pipes are designed to use an Akra muffler attached.

Reactions: sh3hryar

·
Registered
42 Posts
The answer is yes. It was documented that the headers from the 15/16 product line flowed well enough to be within 4HP of a full Akra header with equal type mufflers attached to them. So for the 17/18/19 K46 it is a huge benefit in weight and performance as a nice expense to get the 15/16 headers with the bullet CATS and use a nice slip on muffler system with it. There are some nice CAT delete link pipes also that add to the better flow using the factory headers as well. Then those CAT delete link pipes are designed to use an Akra muffler attached.
I cant really find any CAT delete pipe. Can you share name or links please?
Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts