BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's an interesting article and I have to agree, motorcycle riding is definitely more about feel than car driving/racing. It's part of why I ride.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's an interesting article and I have to agree, motorcycle riding is definitely more about feel than car driving/racing. It's part of why I ride.
Too right. I like the following quote from the article. It's exactly what Vinales can't do on the same bike.

“Also, this year Fabio has more experience so he can ride around any problems. When you race a motorcycle you always have some problems, so this is very important.”

·
Registered
434 Posts
i think when someone is young, the person just doesnt give AF. they just go. Casey Stoner was also fantastic talent. Those power slides were amazing to see.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Sorry to say but I found this article hand wavy and lacking much detail on why he is fast. The purported technique differences may have something to do with it but can’t say for sure. Top-3 rider but let’s see if he is able to continue this form through the 2nd half of ‘21 race calendar.

·
8,410 Posts
Fabio is fast now till the real fast 93 comes back in ultra instinct form after the break. Gonna be an interesting season!
The article fails to say how inconsistent Fabio has been. He is not leading by a large margin. The championship is still up for grabs.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Too right. I like the following quote from the article. It's exactly what Vinales can't do on the same bike.

“Also, this year Fabio has more experience so he can ride around any problems. When you race a motorcycle you always have some problems, so this is very important.”
Biggest difference between Vinales and Fabio;
Vinales has been just whining for four years.
Fabio has been treated by shrink for four years.
That is why Vinales is still a mental rollercoaster, and Fabio is getting more consistent.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Maybe it's as simple as "some got it...some don't". Rossi "had it", but as you age, mortality becomes a more accessible idea, and loses its abstraction. Now Vinales has a wife and child...which might be good optics, but not so good for taking risk. And modern MotoGP is about who is willing to take the greatest risk. It was for sure Marquez who rode to the limit all the time, but then went far enough over to take him out of the game. Fabio is fast now, but the hounds are going to be chasing him, and that'll force him to probe the same limits Marquez did...

Going to be fascinating next season, with all the deck-shuffling.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Faster riders are mentally stronger than there slower counterparts.
You're probably right, but a tough mind in a weak body won't work in MotoGP, so a combination of mental and physical strength. Or just plain-ass crazy...

·
Registered
137 Posts
You're probably right, but a tough mind in a weak body won't work in MotoGP, so a combination of mental and physical strength. Or just plain-ass crazy...
Assuming there all in great physical condition and stamina since they are world class athletes and we all know how physically demanding the sport is and being top skill level for there craft! (Best of the best right).
I think it’s the mental aspect that really sets them apart! Sometimes you can overthink something and loose your edge! full concentration and commitment with being blind to everything else gets it done! They could take some lessons from the balls of steel “Isle of Mann“ TT boys, now that’s all out attack mode! There is no second chances with that race!

·
Registered
137 Posts
As numerous now-dead riders learned...
Yes R.I.P.
But the TT is still going on for over a century now, these men all know the risk there taking and they still choose to race year after year! Knowing they may not return to there family’s.
Why? Nothing in life is guaranteed , we all have the same destiny in the end, time is limited so might as well enjoy and experience everything.
Some tip toe cautiously through life just to arrive at death safely.
Not these guys, It’s the reward and thrill of danger and being on the very edge and it’s all by choice of these modern day gladiators!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
7,881,517,000 +++

1 - 15 of 15 Posts