1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Where are you riding? Looks like the Ozarks to me. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I would say that is north Georgia, the Carolinas and Tennessee.

;)

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
one section is titled Mt. Judea and Push Mountain. Googled those and are in the Ozark National forest. I'm gonna have to road trip :)
Arkansas has some of the best roads I've ever ridden.
Push Mountain is motorcycling nirvana! It's like a sport biker designed it. :smile2:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where are you riding? Looks like the Ozarks to me. :wink2:
Arkansas has some of the best roads I've ever ridden.
Push Mountain is motorcycling nirvana! It's like a sport biker designed it. :smile2:
SHHHH! You're not supposed to tell people this :wink2:
It was carved beautifully into the mountain just for motorcycles. No people, no traffic or driveways, and the law doesn't mind as long as you're cool thru town and polite to the locals.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
And Arkansas does not put gravel on the shoulders of its roads. Thus, there is no gravel on the apexes. Arkansas drivers are often incredibly kind and will wave bikes by on twisty sections, signaling right and even slowing. I rarely see this in any other part of the country. Gorgeous views.

The only downside is the road surface is very abrasive. Excellent grip on Arkansas roads but they eat tires at roughly twice the rate I otherwise experience (anyone know why/what they use?). But this also means great traction and and you can use a "lesser" tire with better wear and never worry about grip.

A beautiful state with people remarkably tolerant of two-wheeled Power Rangers.

Of course, the best thing is the herd of around 700 elk near Boxley Valley. I always make a point of greeting them when I visit the state.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts