BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which insurance company is covering your motorcycle?
may i ask how much? for what coverage (full, min, deductible, etc?)

i have home, 2 cars, life all with cooperators. they won't insure the s1000rr as it's on their restricted list :/

what company have you had good experience with?
Ontario specifically.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
942 Posts
2012 S1000rr

StateFarm in NJ
664$ for 12 months 100/300/50
250 comp
500 collision

Rider was around the same , and this years renewal went to 1260. So i went with SF as they already had my cars and house.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012 S1000rr

StateFarm in NJ
250 comp
500 collision

Rider was around the same , and this years renewal went to 1260. So i went with SF as they already had my cars and house.
Thanks k9, but i'm assuming you are in New Jersey? Canadian insurance is very different than how it works in the US. I'd be surprised if I got insurance for under $2000.

·
Registered
942 Posts
No Prob .. I couldn't tell where you are located from your post that why I added my State. Good Luck Man

·
Registered
127 Posts
2012 S1000rr

StateFarm in NJ
250 comp
500 collision

Got damn those same exact numbers of coverage for the 2015 s1krr I got 900 for 6 months with state farm. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
We are with Co-Operators.

White 2014 S1KR - $1179
Red 2014 S1KR - $1179
K1300R - $1519
House Insurance
2 Vehicle Insurance
Business Insurance
Extensive Life Insurance
blah blah blah

F**k I work to pay insurance!!! Maybe because we a considered a premium client, they said they would insure a 2015 S1KRR :confused:

I'm thinking it's cause we are OLD !!!!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
The rates in Canada are totally different. Truly, we are raped and pillaged ... without lube :mad:

With respect to Co-Operators in Canada, we simply told them that we were going to switch everything if they didn't give us a better deal. By the way, Co-Op is now starting to give discounts to Ontarians if the have winter tires on their cars. Probably 5 to 10%. Any little bit of savings is great. I have a super super clean record on my licence and I'm well over $3K per year on my car. Why you ask ... well I'll tell ya. All the insurance companies lowered their standard medical coverage ... which is now less than standard. My son was hit by a car 6 years ago walking on the side walk. He received unbelieveable medical coverage. There after the medical coverage went way down. In order to keep the same medical coverage I had to really over pay ... crazy ****. Like I said, I'm working to pay insurance ... seriously :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
I went with riders plus who actually signed me up with Intact who bought out Jevco. I am under $900 on the HP4 in Ontario! Also old. :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
so did u sign up with riders plus or jevco? I aways thought they were facility ins but obviously not.

also, do u have multiple products with them?

Thx!!

I just called riders plus. They found the policy. Only thing I have with them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
for HP4, Intact insurance, $2100/yr. 3 speeding tickets which will drop next jan. for my car: co-operators, $2400/yr. talk about no lube..

·
Registered
621 Posts
2M liability
1000 deductible for comprehensive + collision
Ajax, Ontario
29 y.o.
Clean record
0 claims

I'm paying 240/month. It hurts. The only way I could justify it is that I don't have to pay for car insurance since I drive a company car. But yeah, it still hurts. lol

I tried calling Rider's Plus when I had my 06 750 and they wouldn't even give me a quote. Bike is black listed, it would be utterly retarded if they insure the S1K. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask.

All-State is good if you're over 30. They can do stand alone policies and their rates are very competitive. I'll have to wait 'till next year, though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
$110 for the bike, $400 for the car and another $70 for the house. So about $600/mth for statefarm or Certas or whatever it's called now. Saving grace is I only have fire and theft on the car for the winter months.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts