·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep. All inclusive.
This is an all-inclusive, non-transferrable invitation for riders who have expressed an interest in the 2020 BMW S 1000 RR. Spaces are strictly limited and first-come, first-served. Open to experienced riders with full gear and valid motorcycle endorsement only. Please note, you will not be able to ride your own motorcycle on the track during this event. For complete terms and regulations, please click here.

Had to cut and paste because of the screenshot being resized.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait, is it free? I service with Max. We use loaner 2020 bikes or bring our own? Maybe I should re-read the event.

EDIT "Register today to reserve your complimentary spot."
When I registered it said there were 70 spots left. You should go. Didnt we meet once? I think you bought some parts from me last year in Norwalk.

·
Registered
919 Posts
When I registered it said there were 70 spots left. You should go. Didnt we meet once? I think you bought some parts from me last year in Norwalk.
Yes I think we did 2 years ago at the shell station?

I just signed up, would be nice to take a day off and learn about this bike and do some laps!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah across from the diner. I’m going to get a room Tuesday night so I wont be tired from the 3.5 hour drive in the morning. I did a track day at New York safety track and that was about a 4 Hour drive. I drove there, spent all day at the track then drove home and made it to work the following day. Driving for that long it’s dangerous so I won’t be doing that again. I do my track days solo against my girlfriends wishes. She always wants to go but when I’m on the track I am in my zone and hate feel like I am excluding or ignoring her. It would be different if she was into motorcycles but the only thing she knows about them is that they have two wheels.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah across from the diner. I’m going to get a room Tuesday night so I wont be tired from the 3.5 hour drive in the morning. I did a track day at New York safety track and that was about a 4 Hour drive. I drove there, spent all day at the track then drove home and made it to work the following day. Driving for that long it’s dangerous so I won’t be doing that again. I do my track days solo against my girlfriends wishes. She always wants to go but when I’m on the track I am in my zone and hate feel like I am excluding or ignoring her. It would be different if she was into motorcycles but the only thing she knows about them is that they have two wheels.
Awesome, down to 55 spots now. I signed up yesterday and got the confirmation about 15 minutes afterwards. Pumped - thanks for the heads up. Get the feeling we will do about 4 sessions with instructors and really learn the bike off the track. Either way, it will be a fun day to break up the work week!

I'll probably get a room too or stay somewhere much closer in NJ. Having sat on one at COTA a few months ago, i would really like to ride it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Im signed up. 5 hr drive and all you need to bring is your helmet, gloves, boots, and suit....IM IN!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I want to join but it says “experienced riders”, ive been on the track once! I would really like to learn more about my 2020 on the track. What happens if you accidentally dump their bikes? Liable for the damages?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I signed up aswell, never been on the track but been riding for 6+ years.
Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a race suit from them?

·
Registered
118 Posts
What size are you in Dianese? I have an extra suit

I wear a 56 size Dainese jacket, no idea what size pants to get. Only ride in motorcycle jeans

·
Registered
919 Posts
I signed up aswell, never been on the track but been riding for 6+ years.
Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a race suit from them?
You've got some time to find one online! I'm bringing two in case its a very hot or wet day there.

It sounds like they want you to have all that prior to the event.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I signed up yesterday! Looks like it's going to be a fun day!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I want to join but it says “experienced riders”, ive been on the track once! I would really like to learn more about my 2020 on the track. What happens if you accidentally dump their bikes? Liable for the damages?
It appears to be run by CSS. At CSS when you use their bike they run your credit card at the beginning of the day. If you damage their bike the most they charge you is (I think) $1,900. Used to be $1,500 but bread's not a nickel any more.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I'm interested wondering how many spots there are? Are we going to get 4 or 5 sessions on it or just 1? Long ride for me to ride it for only 15-20 minutes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm interested wondering how many spots there are? Are we going to get 4 or 5 sessions on it or just 1? Long ride for me to ride it for only 15-20 minutes.
Currently 38 spots available as of 10 AM..i messaged you this on facebook from the TTD page.

Hopefully at least 4 sessions..9 am start, lunch and then wraps up around 3:30.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I signed up - hope to get more info in the next few days.
Nice! See you there (driving from Nashua)...I didnt see a webpage posting with further Info, i may reach out to Nate and see if he can provide details or maybe the superbike school will have more info!??!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts