BMW S1000RR Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
4,646 Posts
How hard/expensive is it to get replacement pegs/parts for the Attack Performance sets? Important to consider when deciding as pegs are usually the first things that break in a crash.

On my Vortex 2.0's it was $32 shipped for a single replacement peg.. :surprise:
Reach out to TJ at riderdiscount. I replaced few pegs and heel guards, if I recall peg was $43 shipped. Heel guards around the same price.

On a side note, Vortex rearset sucks compared to Attacks. You get what you pay for :wink2:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Reach out to TJ at riderdiscount. I replaced few pegs and heel guards, if I recall peg was $43 shipped. Heel guards around the same price.

On a side note, Vortex rearset sucks compared to Attacks. You get what you pay for :wink2:
True, and I would never get cheap on rearsets, but this is for my scrappy little R3, don't have the high end stuff selection

·
Registered
442 Posts

I actually did the Vortex 2.0 rearsets on the track bike. I was highly impressed by them!! I have Attack on my daily, and love those to death. But tbh I am really really impressed on the Vortex at the track!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Do you find the R3 boring for track days? Or fun when you start to fatigue or to run in a slower group?
Love the R3 and it's a blast to ride on the track! I've learned a ton on it too, which I apply on the s1000. Plus it's a great bike to start racing with, at least it was for me. Highly recommend it. You can pick one up for the price of an exhaust and tune on the BMW :)

·
4,646 Posts
Love the R3 and it's a blast to ride on the track! I've learned a ton on it too, which I apply on the s1000. Plus it's a great bike to start racing with, at least it was for me. Highly recommend it. You can pick one up for the price of an exhaust and tune on the BMW :)
I rode one and felt like a turd to me. I rode a R6 and loved it. I think it will be a dedicated r6 for the track next year.
Heard good things about Kawi 400, some fun races on them. But if I'm gonna pay the $$ for a track day might as well do them on a more fun bike. Given weight of R6 is close to 300/400, I think R6 is the way to go for me. A small bike is great for learning corner speed though.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I rode one and felt like a turd to me. I rode a R6 and loved it. I think it will be a dedicated r6 for the track next year.
Heard good things about Kawi 400, some fun races on them. But if I'm gonna pay the $$ for a track day might as well do them on a more fun bike. Given weight of R6 is close to 300/400, I think R6 is the way to go for me. A small bike is great for learning corner speed though.
Haven't ridden the R6 yet, but I want to, and have heard great things about it. The guy winning everything in our club right now (Jay Newton) is on an R6, beats all others including the s1000 and R1 in the Formula 1 class on down.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I can afford any bike out there, but I'm a cheap bastard and chose the R3 to start racing and don't regret it..

Attachments

·
4,646 Posts
Haven't ridden the R6 yet, but I want to, and have heard great things about it. The guy winning everything in our club right now (Jay Newton) is on an R6, beats all others including the s1000 and R1 in the Formula 1 class on down.
Not surprised R6 dominating. It's a track weapon, I'm pretty much set on it. It also runs better than R1. Wish if its dash was as digital as R1's.
I test rode my friend's that have it flashed & auto blipper, full system, it handles and feels great. If I had known this before getting the R1, I would have gotten R6 over it for the track.

R3 could be fun if you have your buddies that all race it. It makes a good rain/backup bike as well.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts