BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I placed this here in General since IMHO it's less of a technical topic and more of an opinion. Also, the amount of traffic over the the Exhaust sub forum.

Looking to get a full system for my bike. Mainly to lighten it up some, make it look better, and give it a bit more mid rage.

The systems I've been considering are:

1. Akrapovic EVO Ti.
2. Brocks CT
3. Leo Vince ( I think the headers are SS, therefore not as light as a full Ti system).

The Akra seems the most expensive and the end can seems about 1-2" too long. Seems like the majority of people prefer this system. It's the most spendy too.

Brocks seems to make the most power, and I think it looks ok. Looks like it hangs a bit low, but that might just be the angle the photos were taken at?

The Leo Vince seems nice too. I've read of some people getting almost the same increases as the Akra. Looks good, and the price is the lowest.

What would you guys choose, and why? Are there other systems out there that I should be looking at that will provide the HP increase of the above mentioned ones?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
after putting a ti system on my car I can't go with anything else.... Akra ti with long carbon can and carbon hanger\adapter.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd buy Arko or Arrow only because I like those brands, not sure if they make the most HP, which isn't a concern as I don't race my bike and it already has great power. However, having this bike lighter then it already is would be great.

Triple
I figured a full system plus a battery should net me a 20lb loss in weight. I'm only 143lbs, so total bike + rider weight will be feather-ly.:D

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Austin Racing!

-Unique
-Well Made
-Rich Austin is easily reached via e-mail, PM, or phone.
-free custom map for your PCV via e-mail
-Comes with a Db reducer that drops it down almost to stock
-Beautiful!!!
-makes 10 or so more hp with a PCV

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Arrow EVOII Stainless...Got it on the cheap at Biohazzard cycles from here...

Honestly I went with the Arrow because of looks alone...I dont need the increased power (although this system give it)...

And I too am 140lbs...this bike doesnt even know Im on the back of it...hell neither did my R6...lol

Oh and the sound...the beautiful sound

·
Registered
539 Posts
Arrow EVOII Stainless...Got it on the cheap at Biohazzard cycles from here...

Honestly I went with the Arrow because of looks alone...I dont need the increased power (although this system give it)...

And I too am 140lbs...this bike doesnt even know Im on the back of it...hell neither did my R6...lol

Oh and the sound...the beautiful sound

I wish Yoshimura would make that belly pan extender for the 2012...:(
Looks really nice you your bike.

I'm torn between the Arrow and Brocks Alienhead. Like the Arrow, but not complete sold on the length. Not that anything is wrong, but it's different and need to decide if that works for me.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
The short can of that arrow looks ten times better in person than in a picture. I bought mine from biohazard as well. Never used the db killer at all. The contour of this pipe just looks right on this bike. For whatever reason, this bike and that pipe belong together. I considered two long pipes as well in the devil, and the yoshimura. But both were nearly twice as expensive and just looked a little bulky in comparison.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Now after looking at it, I'd consider the Arrow short pipe as well however I'd go with the silver/black Arrow placard instead. Again, that thing looks really light.

Triple
The one thing I didn't like about the Arrow is the Yellow logo on the exhaust (doesn't match my bike). I've searched quite a bit and haven't found alternative colors. Where did you see the silver/black? Are there other colors?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm picking up a full Akro TI Evo system myself. I'm old school too and like the normal look over the short exhaust that almost looks like an after thought. The AKRO full system is about the second highest HP through the range pipe out there. I know Brocks makes the most...but not a big fan of the look over the arrow. I'm going Akro Evo with carbon can and a PCV. Food for thought...Brock said the stock filter makes the best hp...even over the more priced ones.

M

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have the full akro evo long pipe and it sounds soooooo sweet! It improves mid range too per their dyno charts. It looks and sounds awesome!!!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 121 Posts