BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hey OP, you should post an actual pic, not everyone is a member of those narcissistic playgrounds.
LOL I'm not either, but somehow I manage to see things like this in links. Dunno why, I was surprised.

I was actually hoping to see the idiot threshed, and bundled up into a haybale, but, no such luck... 🤣

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just stupid! if the bike is shorter than the bottom of the farm equipment than it will fit, no skill whatsoever here! just showing stupidity, it’s pointless and if something goes wrong there’s a big price to pay!
and the reward is ?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just stupid! if the bike is shorter than the bottom of the farm equipment than it will fit, no skill whatsoever here! just showing stupidity, it’s pointless and if something goes wrong there’s a big price to pay!
and the reward is ?
Ahhh, but the bike itself may fit, but not the bike and rider. It would have been funny as h3ll to see the bike coming out the front....without the rider! 🤣 Kinda like when a horse runs under some branches to knock you off.

Back in about '91, when I first bought my KX500, we went thru a concrete drainage tunnel under a set of railroad tracks. I watched my buddy on his Honda XR 600 (I think it was then) go thru it, but then when I was creeping thru, TOTALLY tucked in on the tank, my helmet hit the roof, and I kinda got stuck since the KX was so much taller with longer suspension. I had to backpedal (PITA) to unstick it, and then duck down and kinda hang off the left side of the bike to get thru. Glad I didn't get stuck! We avoided that on the way back. So, I can see some chump trying this, misjudging the TOTAL height needed, and, well...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ahhh, but the bike itself may fit, but not the bike and rider. It would have been funny as h3ll to see the bike coming out the front....without the rider! 🤣 Kinda like when a horse runs under some branches to knock you off.

Back in about '91, when I first bought my KX500, we went thru a concrete drainage tunnel under a set of railroad tracks. I watched my buddy on his Honda XR 600 (I think it was then) go thru it, but then when I was creeping thru, TOTALLY tucked in on the tank, my helmet hit the roof, and I kinda got stuck since the KX was so much taller with longer suspension. I had to backpedal (PITA) to unstick it, and then duck down and kinda hang off the left side of the bike to get thru. Glad I didn't get stuck! We avoided that on the way back. So, I can see some chump trying this, misjudging the TOTAL height needed, and, well...
As a kid from the east end we would all run our pedal bikes through Blackwall tunnel, kinda like a dare but had to be done! Lorry trucks within inches of your left handlebar and brick wall inches from your right side, running same speed as the semi’s peddling like crazy!
one wrong move even inches and your under the truck wheels!
Things we do when where young and indivisible, those where great times!
I guess it was natural part of setting me up for riding my S1K like I do sometime‘s! But with a little more common sense I think.

·
Registered
2017 rr
236 Posts
Same Same Topaz, I guess since I'm not logged into any google accounts or whatnot I'm persona non grata with them. From the comments above though I probably didn't miss much.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

Product Azure Rectangle Font Operating system

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same Same Topaz, I guess since I'm not logged into any google accounts or whatnot I'm persona non grata with them. From the comments above though I probably didn't miss much.
No, you don't miss much. Just a fool guy on an S1K passing a farm machine with huge wheels under it and between the wheels at about 20mph I'd say.

·
Registered
2017 rr
236 Posts
Oh Yeah, Fuc*Tard with a Capital F. o_O
I actually thought it was a serious sort of post/question, probably because I overtook a big slow moving tractor on the backroads the other day, you get quite a few around here. The temptation is always to slow down, just a bit. But something in me says, slow down a LOT. Perhaps it was the memory of a mate getting cleaned up by the front bucket on a backhoe years ago Ouch It turned across his path at the last second. I'm just super suspicious of anything that's moving. A couple of good crashes will do that for you.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
I invoke the slow down a lot approach. Not only is this a good deal safer, it is respectful to the farmer. I also always wave.

Knowing nothing about farming, what is the piece of equipment being passed and what is it used for? It looks like it can go down rows of tall crops (such as corn) without disturbing them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts