BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has any one used the trex racing covers. They're American made and the kits are very reasonable priced for full protection. Question is has anyone out these on, are they as easy as the r&g for installation and has anyone unfortunately tested them out?

·
Registered
210 Posts
R&G is perhaps 2mm thick polypropolyne without glass filler. Doesn't protect anything!

GB racing are thick and covers well, but are worn through faster than metal covers.

I use metal covers, and for that there are no better than Bonamici in my opinion. I might be biased because I'm a Bonamici dealer, but they've been used a few years in WSBK now, and can take a beating for sure.
I had a few customers crashing with them last year, and everyone kept their engines intact from long slides on tarmac.
I know of 4 or 5 different companiues that all make similar covers, so Bonamici, lightec or other companies doesn't really matter, but Bonamici for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got my GB's from TJ at Riders Discount. Great deal!
For those who got it from Rider discount, what price were you looking at? I want a set ASAP but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Revzilla sells them for $260 for the three piece set. Is rider discount substantially cheaper than that?

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
For those who got it from Rider discount, what price were you looking at? I want a set ASAP but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Revzilla sells them for $260 for the three piece set. Is rider discount substantially cheaper than that?

I don't know about exact pricing, but I can tell you TJ offers the best prices on everything my friends and I have purchased over revzilla.

How much of a hurry are you in? Revzilla will not send out your order until Monday at the earliest. It will be the same with TJ. I would wait.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know about exact pricing, but I can tell you TJ offers the best prices on everything my friends and I have purchased over revzilla.

How much of a hurry are you in? Revzilla will not send out your order until Monday at the earliest. It will be the same with TJ. I would wait.
Makes sense, will do. I had really wanted the S1000RR to be ready so I could ride to work this Monday, but that won't happen. Now I just want to be out on it as soon as possible. Hopefully TJ gets back to me soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Makes sense, will do. I had really wanted the S1000RR to be ready so I could ride to work this Monday, but that won't happen. Now I just want to be out on it as soon as possible. Hopefully TJ gets back to me soon.

He often response to us on weekend and holidays. Will he do it today? I don't know. We shouldn't expect it from him or any of our vendors. I don't get responses from Revzilla on weekends. I have work to do this weekend and it sucks.

See if your local dealer has some if you're in that much of a hurry. That's your only option for getting some immediately. All other vendors will take days due to shipping.

·
Registered
136 Posts
He often response to us on weekend and holidays. Will he do it today? I don't know. We shouldn't expect it from him or any of our vendors. I don't get responses from Revzilla on weekends. I have work to do this weekend and it sucks.

See if your local dealer has some if you're in that much of a hurry. That's your only option for getting some immediately. All other vendors will take days due to shipping.
I agree, I will wait to talk to him

·
Registered
136 Posts
TJ's pricing is excellent, and the service superb.

You will not commute without engine covers?
My thought process is that if something were to happen, it would of course happen right before I installed the guard that would have prevented the damage

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
A mite paranoid.

If I shared that view I would be afraid to pick up a fork. After all, it will end up in my eye. :)

But, of course, do what is comfortable for you. It would be really frustrating if your prediction came true.

·
Registered
136 Posts
A mite paranoid.

If I shared that view I would be afraid to pick up a fork. After all, it will end up in my eye. :)

But, of course, do what is comfortable for you. It would be really frustrating if your prediction came true.
I will readily admit that I am overly cautious (read:paranoid). But, it has served me well and the mentality has kept me alive and enjoying motorcycles thus far, so I will stick with it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
TJ is worth the wait. The price was lower than Revzilla for my GB covers. Truthfully, every single thing I bought, whether parts or gear, was lower than anywhere else that I could find. TJ works hard to beat every vendors pricing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, aside from engine covers what other protection is worth getting? I'm looking at the Rizoma engine covers and front axle sliders. I saw gilles do front/rear axle sliders but Rizoma only do front.. then I thought is there any point to rear axle sliders :/

·
Registered
37 Posts
What do you have? I'm trying to get one brand to do axle sliders and engine covers.. so far only Rizoma have covers but only front axle sliders, no rear..

21 - 40 of 60 Posts