BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im trying to put nothing but the best quality parts on my 2015 s1krr!!! I would like to heard from you guys what you think is the best of all engine cover!!!
I seen the R&G has a full 4 piece set cover i also saw GB Racing has a 3 piece I looked into Woodcraft but they only saw that they only make a 2 piece set!!! I don't know what to choose from!!! HELP PLEASE?!!!

·
4,604 Posts
GB and RG covers are made of polypropylene/fiberglass material. So they will last for one crash only and they're not as durable as metal covers. But still better than nothing.

I have GB racing for the right side (brake lever side).

Left side (stator cover) woodcraft. They're made of quality metal and have a replaceable element with screws that go on the inside (for easy replacement after a crash). However, WC right side is not a cover, it replaces complete crankshaft cover, and requires installation of plate screws that would be inside the engine. Even though they work but I stayed away from using right side WC.

There is a couple new products on the market from Italian companies where they make metal engine covers. However, I forgot their names. If I have to do it over again I would stick with all metal engine covers. Don't worry too much about clutch cover (front brake side) it's tucked inside, during a crash it would never touch the ground. The other two covers (stator & crankshaft) are critical ones.

When installing pay attention to torque spec with product you got, stock engine screws are alum and meant for one-use only. Screws that come with engine covers are SS and use a different torque spec.

·
Registered
55 Posts
GB racing here. They may only be good for one crash, but I'd expect one to change out the covers in the event of a crash, regardless of material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
I run RG on my stator, clutch, and crank side.

Plus I HEAR, not sure if it's true, that if u do go down and don't shred through the plastic, the plastic covers shouldn't scratch ur Oem covers. The metal ones like Woodcraft "supposedly" can scratch your Oem cover in case of a fall.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any know who sell the GB Racing kit cover at the best price, I saw the other day a Link to a page with the best price but I cant find it anymore

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I've got Sato's b/c they worked on saving the engine off of my CBR.

If I had to do it again, I may have gotten the GB Racing. It'd very close.

-bl

1 - 20 of 60 Posts