BMW S1000RR Forum banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Jekel might be worth buying some reflective heat tape and putting on the inside of the belly pan if it doesn't already have some there.
Thanks Benny will have a look. The OCD in me made me take off the fairings and try get pipes closer. Absolute waste of time lol, they are as close to the middle as they every can be. I was wondering if the small middle pipe that links the two inner head pipes was pushed in properly and it is all the way in.

I found the teflon tape bit of a pain to clean off in some bits so on reassembly used an anti seize paste instead, personally found that easier this time. Rode the bike today for a good 45minutes and got stuck at the lights here and there, still no melting so seems ok for now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was following the Akro directions yesterday, got the headers on and then couldn’t get the 4 pipes to line up into the two Y collectors. Took everything back off, hoping this works tonight ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,419 Posts
It is a snug fit. I always test fit the whole system first sitting on the floor, before putting the headers on the bike. If there's any small flat spots or dents I fix them before proceeding. Then go ahead slowly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What a pain. I was able to get all 4 header pipes started, but couldn’t for the life of me get them to push in. Ultimately one end pipe would wiggle out as I tried to make progress on a different pipe. Things like this seem like they should be much easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Having done this 3 or 4 times, the best advice I can give is to loosen the top radiator mounts as well and let both the oil cooler and radiator 'float', put a flat piece of cardboard on the back-side of the radiator to prevent any dents(also helps your knuckles!). Loosening the radiator completely gives a couple cm extra wiggle room(deosn't sound like alot, but helps hugely).

·
Registered
5 Posts
BMW instructions for performance exhaust

I found this inside the BMW service manual, and it seemed to make the job a LOT easier. In particular, the tightening of the flanges BEFORE pipe installation, the installation of the center pipes first, and the installation of the radiator bracket BEFORE installation of the outer pipes:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HvTvJfGdkOiScI8NfndzdIgAwxgPHbFU/view?usp=sharing

HTH

Dave.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great write-up. Thank you!!

Apologize in advance to bring up an old thread

I have purchased an Akra Evo for my 13 RR.

One question I have is, Can I get two Servo Buddy for front and rear servo motor??

141 - 150 of 150 Posts