BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the tallest, most protective windscreen for my 2020. I alternate between the OEM and the BMW Tall windscreens, but I can't fix the buffeting. I saw that Zero gravity has the "Sport Touring" screen which is 2.25 inch longer than the standard (has anyone tried it?), but I don't know if it is any taller than BMW's, or if there are others that offer greater wind protection.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I have Zero Gravity's Sport Touring screen on my '17 RR, but I also have ABM's Multiclip handlebars which are ~4" higher than the OEM clip-ons. I have over 29,000 miles on this setup, including multiple trips between western North Carolina and the Ozarks and southeast Ohio. I'm 5'7" and the resulting air flow when I'm not tucked is mostly above my chest and below my helmet. When I'm tucked, the air flow is above my helmet.

That said, a year ago, I bought a '21 XR and put a MRA Vario-X-Screen and 2" handlebar risers on that. I now have over 23,970 miles on this setup. The sitting position and the windshield performance make my XR hugely more comfortable than my RR. I only use the RR locally now and am likely to sell it unless I start doing more track riding.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have the WRS after having the Puig. The WRS is a bit longer and more bulbous for better airflow. It is several inches longer than OEM, but I'm not sure how much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts