BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When washing my wheels I notice the spokes gets some buildup on the front of the spokes (when rotating forward). I assume it’s grease but regular car soap doesn’t seem to cut it. I’m afraid to use wheel cleaner as I don’t know how rough it’ll be on the wheels.

What do you guys use? I was thinking of using some window cleaner what are your thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
soapy water is the safest

When washing my wheels I notice the spokes gets some buildup on the front of the spokes (when rotating forward). I assume it’s grease but regular car soap doesn’t seem to cut it. I’m afraid to use wheel cleaner as I don’t know how rough it’ll be on the wheels.

What do you guys use? I was thinking of using some window cleaner what are your thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
83 Posts
If it gets really bad I cut the grease with purple power and thoroughly flush with water. This doesnt seem to do any damage then I give it a good coat with " the last coat" so that future cleaning is a breeze. For everyday regular wash where there is light grease I just use dawn and flush throughly with water.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I will add that it was a single can all by itself, bought it 'cos I saw it whilst in there for oil for the car

·
Administrator
6,941 Posts
Another method is to perform an initial clean with Dawn or Simple Green and water, then add a coat or two of your favourite wax. Dawn still works the best after that, but takes about 1/3 the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with @skapan and other people. Soap and water works best and then wax coat after drying them. HP4 carbon wheels and MV Agusta forged wheels get a perfect look.

·
Administrator
6,941 Posts
I could use Plexus like others but it's super expensive and really works best on windshields anyway. Dawn is just as good on wheels and stuff.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up some Plexus from a local power sports shop and this stuff is awesome. Cuts through the chain grease very well and leaves the wheels looking great! My only complaint is the price..... I will continue to use it but I'll have to use it sparingly due to price. Also used it to clean the painted parts of the bike and they all turned out great. It's great for quick wipe downs between washes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts