BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're right around the same price for a set (Q2 - $250, DR2 - $270), have the same amount of die hard fans and a lot of the same features.
So then, it all comes down to preference.

Dunlop SportMax Q2:

• Radical new profile puts down a bigger footprint at extreme lean angles while also allowing greater lean angles and higher corner speeds to provide substantially better grip and handling.
  • Dunlop's advanced Multi-Tread technology combines the benefits of a tough, long-wearing center compound for increased mileage with a special lateral-grip compound on each shoulder for superior cornering traction.
  • New carcass construction in both the front and rear tires includes newly designed continuous hex beads that are both lighter and stronger to enhance steering response in the front tire and increase cornering stability in both tires.

From CycleWorld:
Compared to the original Qualifier, the Q2 is said to offer a 15-percent improvement in drive grip and traction, a 5-percent bump in steering response and a 25-percent leap in cornering stability. Based on our one-day experience at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, we have no reason to doubt those claims.

Check out the Dunlop SportMax Q2 at KneeDraggers.com!

Pirelli Diablo Rosso II:

• Feature Pirelli's patented EPT (Enhanced Patch Technology), matched with a three-zone dual compound rear, optimizes the contact patch for high-grip compound on the road and on the track.
  • Pure racetrack performance combined with the comfort and predictability you expect from a high-performance street tire.
  • A maximum contact patch area is due in part to an ICS (Integrated Contour Shaping) technology, complimenting handling and power of today's modern motorcycles.

From MotorCyclist Magazine:
Critics claim spec-tire rules kill innovation by quashing competition between tire brands, but satisfying the WSBK paddock has consistently improved Pirelli's sportbike tires. With outright performance rivaling the track-specific Diablo Rosso Corsa and enough versatility to handle wet, dirty French country roads, the Rosso II suggests race-bred technology continues to trickle down.
Who needs race tires with street tires that grip this well and wear this long?

Check out the Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 at KneeDraggers.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the DR2 get the same life as the Q2? Anyone have experience with both of them?
On paper, they seem to last about the same length of time.
However, it depends on how you ride. It seems like the Q2 is a little softer compound on the sides, so if you ride hard it might not last as long, but it's most likely negligible.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had the Michelin Power Pures on and (for me) they were the worst tire I have ever used. The bike is used for sport riding with limited commuting.

Then I put on the DR2's on and LOVE THEM!

They fixed all of the issues I was having with the Michelin's, they stick incredibly well with extraordinary feedback.

They have worn very well compared to the Bridgestone BT003r's I used before the Michelin's.

I havent had a chance to try the Q1's yet but have heard very good feedback on them.

I am sold on the DR2's for my next set...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I run q2s, cant say i ever had the other but for the price u cant beat them, they have some of the softest compounds on there tire so u wont get alot of miles out of them, but they will stick in those corners like no other. u cant get the best of both worlds so u gotta chose whats more important, sticky tires for curves or high mileage, this tire is def. not ment for long rode trips. just my 2cents

·
Registered
523 Posts
So what type if mileage? I got about 4k off stock K2 any chance of 5-6k with the Q2?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
446 Posts
When I had my ZX14 I was getting about 8-10k out of my Q2's. I would think a lighter bike would get more miles but maybe I am wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im taking a trip with friends to Deal's Gap/Tail of the Dragon in mid to late October
and wonder what tire would give the best wet and cold weather traction for hard cornering ?
the rosso II ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts