BMW S1000RR Forum banner

281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Electrical engineer, embedded system, logic design and verification. I work on things that fly and go boom. About all I can say about that.
LOL Early in my career I did design/documentation on a lot of things for the Navy at China Lake that went "zoom and boom" as well. :)

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Mechanical and Industrial (i.e. styling and ergonomic) Design. Started working for the Navy in '83 for many years on stuff that goes "zoom and boom" (missiles, bombs, F4 Phantom II's), then did work for Moen (faucet patent), NASA (shuttle experiments and jet test stands), any number of IM plastic design work, did 1-1/2 years nuclear work at INL designing remote tools for hot cells, did about 5 years medical device design, worked at SNC on the Dream Chaser for a year, and now I'm ending my career with more nuclear work at Los Alamos. It's been an amazing, if not very stable, career.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Which one? I worked for ConMed for almost 5 years doing product design (mechanical and ergonomic/styling). Well, I DID until they F'd me in Dec of 2015.... Also did about 4-1/2 month of work as a contractor to Plexus working on a large Medtronic design out of New Haven CT, that was fun.
I work for the local distributor of Acumed products. We don't design any products here, just re-sell it. My job title sounds more interesting than it actually is.
Very cool jobs you've had mate! I've always been in sales but lately doing marketing for the first time has meant I get to create some fun advertising material with Adobe software. Product design would be so awesome, the engineers that do that stuff are next level.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finance. Commercial real estate mortgage broker. Lender. JV partner. Anything to do with commercial real estate. Been at for 20 years and I hope to clock in another 20. Don't think I would like retirement. I like to have a reason to get up in the morning and enjoy the challenge of deal-making. I now have the luxury of choosing my clients and the deals I work on but I earned it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I run the layaway department at Schwinn......

Let me stop laughing, I crack myself up.

I own an oil and gas company. We contract drilling companies to drill oil wells in the Eagle Ford and Sprayberry trends in Texas. I also have a rental tools business where we rent downhole tools to the contractor.
I run a private jet company, do you ever fly private?

·
Registered
23 Posts
High performance technical computing and server cpu design engineer. I make the thing that other people use to simulate/design fancy tools and equipment that the rest of you use. =P

·
Registered
179 Posts
I work in CBRN and WMD response. I'm the guy in the big orange suit with the clear face shield and the big boots and gloves.

281 - 300 of 303 Posts