BMW S1000RR Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2341 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
woah nice what’s the difference/improvement with the alpha brake lines?
Thanks :) the alpha lines bypass the abs pump to create a short and direct connection between master cylinder and calipers. This gives much more feedback. In addition it removes the linked braking which causes instability under maximum braking >:)

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Thanks :) the alpha lines bypass the abs pump to create a short and direct connection between master cylinder and calipers. This gives much more feedback. In addition it removes the linked braking which causes instability under maximum braking >:)
It will be even nicer when paired with that RCS19 that's still sitting at Catalyst...any day now...

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
It will be even nicer when paired with that RCS19 that's still sitting at Catalyst...any day now...
Tell me about it... word on the street is that there is a quick turn throttle waiting for me as well... >:)

Though at this rate, I will already be expert! LOL

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Little update on what's being added to my bike since its being repaired after getting hit...

- Tightails subframe and upper fairing bracket
- Samco silicone hoses
- Brembo 19×18 CNC Billet Master cylinder
- changing back to a 45t chainring (now 16x45)

Would love to do wideband sensor, dyno or RCK3, ABS delete...maybe end of the year.

Its been so long I forget what its like to ride a bike. :crying:

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Little update on what's being added to my bike since its being repaired after getting hit...

- Tightails subframe and upper fairing bracket
- Samco silicone hoses
- Brembo 19×18 CNC Billet Master cylinder
- changing back to a 45t chainring (now 16x45)

Would love to do wideband sensor, dyno or RCK3, ABS delete...maybe end of the year.

Its been so long I forget what its like to ride a bike. :crying:
That’s a good list, sorry that you got hit, but hopefully you see the silver lining >:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed full Akra race system/removed both servos and cables, rad/oil cooler guards, integrated brake light(smoked), fender eliminator, rapid bike evo, sprint air filter(also removed the foam insert from the front of the intake). Gloss black windscreen also installed.
Still have r&g frame sliders and helibars to install but my torque wrench stopped working lol. I need to grab a new one real soon. Also plan on plugging the PAIR valve.

When you removed foam insert from intake is there a gap between where the foam was removed and inlet?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Brentuning AlphaN tune, Akra full exhaust, Rapidbike, 520 chain/sprockets and a carbon belly pan, she had a good week :)

Wow, nice. Pictures needed to do justice to the mods :) Any noticeable difference from the 520 chain conversion?

Also, did you get rapidbike evo or racing? I have had the evo for about an year (with akra full system) and it took quite a while to settle/calm down. I miss the smoothness of stock exhaust but don’t miss the weight of it.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I'll add some updated pictures soon. I did the exhaust and put a few miles on it, that was a noticeable difference, the midrange seemed improved, very boomy. It wants to surge at idle, and the fuel controller smoothed that out quite a bit. I only did the EVO since I had a tune already. I want to see if I can still add the wide band sensor, I really wish I had bought that, but it's a couple hundred more. The controller and the chain were done together, so not sure how noticable the chain is along with everything else. The bike really feels transformed though, loving it. Thanks to @MotoMillion, he's become my goto source for the fun parts, great service and prices.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Any idea how much weight savings over the stock tail section, or was this also for more rigidity?
Hardly any weight savings—deft'ly for rigidity. But, the Tightails subframe shaves about 1.5lbs. The Tightails upper fairing bracket is the same—not a whole lot of weight savings—but noticeable when you hold them together.

2281 - 2300 of 2341 Posts