BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I like using a small backpack nothing too big sometimes when I need to run to the store for the wife just to grab a few small items. Nothing big.. and was wondering what every one that uses one is sporting.
So if anyone does use one.. what do you use?

Also, found this one its the Dianese D-Mach for $189:

and since I have a Dianese jacket I thought it would be a nice compliment to get a backpack to match but the price is high!!!

then I found this and thought.. it's the same one without logo and significantly cheaper in case anyone is interested its only $49 bucks.

D-Mach no logo

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I used D-Mach 15. Its great. A bid rigid but I can understand why.
I lost enough things out of my previous backpack as the zipper opened up on the highway. And it happened twice so it was very sad. Then I decided to invest in a proper backpack. It allows for carrying my laptop, a pair of shoes, lunch and a snack, some laptop accessories. I think it comes in 3 sizes (13, 15, 17) and I can only surmise it refers to the size of the laptop screen lol

You won't regret the purchase.

·
Registered
264 Posts
To tell u the truth, not a big fan of the OGio Mach 3(and 5 and 7) to which these backpacks are based on. It has a lot of great storage features, but so do other general backpacks. Its main benefit, imo, is its hard aerodynamic outer shell, and maybe more “motorcycle specific” storage options (which i dont think is a big advantage).

My only gripe, which imo is a BIG gripe, is you cannot sit it straight up without it falling over because of its slanted bottom. This causes its outer shell to get scratched and damaged over time. So after your ride, when you take the backpack off, you have to lean it against your bike or a tree or something. Its vey annoying.

Also, its quite expensive. If your are paying anywhere near $50US, your prob getting a fake. There is a significant black market for fake Ogio backpacks. Do your research. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So, I like using a small backpack nothing too big sometimes when I need to run to the store for the wife just to grab a few small items. Nothing big.. and was wondering what every one that uses one is sporting.

View attachment 210429

and since I have a Dianese jacket I thought it would be a nice compliment to get a backpack to match but the price is high!!!

then I found this and thought.. it's the same one without logo and significantly cheaper in case anyone is interested its only $49 bucks.

D-Mach no logo

View attachment 210428
Thanks for sharing your research!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had the mach 2 for quite some time now. It doesn’t get a lot of use but when it does it’s usually a Friday if I decide to ride to work. Perfect for a laptop and a change of shoes etc.
I never ride all day with it though.
happy with the quality and longevity

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have both the Mach 1 and Kriega 30 and 35. I like the Kriegas more because the fastening system is very good and weight is off the shoulders. Storage is better with more compartments and are water tight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the Oakley "Kitchen Sink" in black. It is huge and holds everything I need. This said I also have one of those simple string strap backpacks that I keep in the trunk (the only thing that fits really)

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 210429

D-Mach no logo

View attachment 210428
I saw one in the BMW store small one that has the M logo on the bottom right corner.

·
Registered
37 Posts

View attachment 210429

D-Mach no logo

View attachment 210428
My daily pack is a Kreiga R25 and I love it for commuting and such. But for the odd "honey, can you pick up some milk on the way home" kind of thing I keep one of those nylon bag-like backpacks that wad up into a tiny pouch half the size of your fist under my seat. Not this exact one but similar. https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Ultralight-Packable-Day-Pack/dp/B01D4VOPP2

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use the Kriega R25 everyday over the last 5 years. The harness is great, you can shrink it when there is only a few things in it and, when it gets dirty - just shove it in the washing machine for a short cycle at low temp and it it comes out like new again. Great bag

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone use the Cortech Super 2.0? I've been looking at that one.
I have the Cortech super 2.0 and it's really nice to have the helmet holder built in, sometimes I do feel like it could use some more space though, but it holds my laptop and notebooks with no problem! Also has divider pockets which is nice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts