21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
320 Posts
A great informative post and the other 10min is admiring this machine after taking mirrors & tail piece off Benny ...lol

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yet another difference in the negative side of the K67 cluster features.

The external lap timer trigger appears to be missing. I have read the manual. There is no mention of the infra red external trigger interface like there is for the K46. That external trigger interface was the GPS box from PZ Racing that worked in its place.

I found the connector under the fuel tank cowl that appears to be the exact same as the K46 on the right side frame rail area. I plugged in the PZ Racing laptimer and there is no power.

UPDATE to my own post before I even post it.

The cluster does not have LAP_S input for the external trigger of infra red nor the PZ Racing Lap timer device.

Damn all that pretty lap data and you have to click the headlight beam button to make it work. No external trigger...

·
Registered
365 Posts
What. Removing the mirror and tail is easy af.
The mirrors are easy - about ten minutes - but the tail section takes longer. The problem with the tail is that you need to not only disconnect it from the bottom, but the wires are zip-tied tightly next to the OBD2 connector and then into each side fairing. You need to unscrew/disconnect the OBD2, snip the zipties, unscrew and unclip the sides, clip some more zipties, disconnect the electrical connections, feed through the wires, finally remove everything, and then reassemble the rest. It took me over an hour the first time, though I moved the electrical connections to the rear bay to make it easier next time.

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
what about the BMW Datalogger from K46, does it work on the K67 ?
The datalogger does work itself.

You have to be careful what updated AnnaLiza you have. The newest version updates on AnnaLiza do not read the data correctly. The AnnaLiza only updated to August 2019 will read the data correctly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The datalogger does work itself.

You have to be careful what updated AnnaLiza you have. The newest version updates on AnnaLiza do not read the data correctly. The AnnaLiza only updated to August 2019 will read the data correctly.
good to know, checked software is still on 2013

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
good to know, checked software is still on 2013
You have to have the 15/16 updates for AnnaLiza to read the BMSX and BMSMP protocols. There was an update in early 2019 so stop there on the updating. Anything after the August 2019 mess up the BMSO in the 2020 protocols on reading the data.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I wish my 2017 had the TPMS...really liked it on my K1300S.

Craig
The TPMS is a great idea. I just wish that the dealer software was able to input the target values the customer wants as pressure numbers to compare with current numbers. The settings for the K67 are 42 rear and 36 front. Those are great street numbers if you plan to travel a few hundred miles in an up right position, but not my idea of good if you plan to hit the curves along the way.
@BMW_388 is there another update source for Anna liza other than the ? update icon in BMW HP datalogger software ? because this is what i got from the update, after this, says no more update.
its the only update method I have.

Mine shows dates from 2013 to 2018

version 2013.1.28.6.3 on the actual AnnaLiza

the updater shows a newer version on my mine also, but I have not tried it.

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
02_11_20

7400 miles with lots of smiles.

The K67 is about to finally be available to alot of dealers for the spring riding season. You will not be disappointed in the handling, the power of shift cam ( with an EXWERKS tune to resolve 2nd and 3rd gear ), the mechanical grip in the corners, the nice TFT screen for easy to read tach and gear info.

Track tip, move the wiring in the rear tail so the connectors are easy to get to if you track / race day alot and flip from street trim to race trim. The side pods do not like to be removed too often and the tabs will break off after some rattling time on them. I just moved my wiring under the rear seat area and the connectors are so easy to get to there. I have the NRC tail tidy and it removes nice and easy also. Front mirrors still too much work for the wiring when all you should have to do is remove the 4 nuts holding the mirrors on the stay and be done.

Carbon Wheels have lasted well in over 20 rear and front tire changes. No broke TPMS, no huge chips in the rim edges. Alot of scratches, but nothing I really care about since it is a track / race bike. I now have a spare rear carbon wheel, I have a front forged solution from the K46, so at least I have spares at the track and quick tire choices.

The stock plastic coming off and on for change out to race trim body is really working well now. Only takes me 30 minutes from start to finish remove and replace. The LED headlights and ballast weigh in at 4lbs. Thats alot of weight coming off the front end to help it out on the track.

·
Vendor
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Do the wheels from the previous year S1000 fir the new bike?
The rear is a complete no.

The front forged I have made to work in 2 ways. Either you have to mill face a set of brake rotors to go on the forged wheel and fix the offset issue of the rotors, or you have to mill the face of the mounting of the K46 forged wheel so brake rotors will fit of any brand and then that wheel is only for the K67 and no interchangeable back to the K46.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts