BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now available for the BMW S1000RR, we have Vortex rearsets in stock and ready to ship! Vortex has been making high-quality rearsets for a long time and we’ve used them on many of our racebikes because their simple design is straight forward and reliable – these attributes also make them well suited to street bikes too. All major components are machined from solid aluminum and then black anodized for lasting beauty. All hardware is stainless steel and, like the anodized parts, is used for its resistance to corrosion. Vortex rearsets can be adjusted over four positions on the Y axis and three positions on the X axis to help the rider achieve extra ground clearance as well as an optimum riding position. The solid-mount peg design also helps increase “feel” through the feet. All of these factors help contribute to improved control and rider confidence which consequently increases safety.

These rearsets are not yet on our website and because they’re brand new, availability is limited – call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 to order today. You can also email your questions to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with VORTEX BMW REARSETS in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

Vortex rearsets for the S1000RR as they come out of the box. There are two sets of shift rods that support either reverse or standard shift arrangements.

The brake side rearsets is adjustable over a wide range both forward/backward and up/down. The exhaust bracket loop is removable for those of you with aftermarket exhaust systems that do not require the OEM mounting point to be used.

Here you can see the break-away grove machined into the footpeg. With this design, should the rearsets hit the ground hard, the outer portion of the peg will most likely break off while absorbing some of the impact energy. In doing so, the rest of the footpeg is more likely to survive so you can continue riding.

Vortex rearsets for the S1000RR give you the choice of using either standard or reverse (GP) shift patterns without requiring the purchase of additional hardware.

Even the toe pegs are engineered for survivability with a folding mechanism built right in.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I have these and love them! BUT......All I can say is, take apart what that have already assembled and loctite it. I didn't, and nearly learned the hard way as my shift lever came loose at the pivot point that was pre-assembled......

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have these and love them! BUT......All I can say is, take apart what that have already assembled and loctite it. I didn't, and nearly learned the hard way as my shift lever came loose at the pivot point that was pre-assembled......
Oh yes take everything apart and use generous amounts. I was lucky enough to find my missing shift lever bolt sitting in the road.......twice :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Price to APO AE 09009. Will be purchasing once I receive message. Can't wait!

Anyone have pictures of them installed? I've seen bikes with people on them utilizing these however, I'm looking for a clear picture of these installed. Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Got it, thanks!

And did some searching around and found plenty of pictures of them on bikes.

Riders Discount has earned my business once again! Can't wait for these to arrive!

Much appreciated guys!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts