BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been 2 months waiting for BMW Australia to send out a new VIN Sticker and still nothing.

My Dealer is as frustrated as I am, The Compliance manager at BMW Australia has ignored all my attempts via phone and email.

Apparentlymy sales rep has made contact in the first week of this now long mission, this bloke promised he would send out a compliance letter/plate, its now been 2 months and zero zippo nuttin.

I have made so so so many calls and emails above and beyond what any BMW customer should have to do. Everybody including the dealer all say they have escalated this matter as much as possible. The only Phone number anyone in Australia can call is the info one on their website which is 133 269, the only emails you get as well are [email protected] or [email protected].

Whenever I call up to get an update no matter who i get on the phone as soon as i say compliance sticker they know who i am as I am apparently the talk of the office. My file in their notes is pages long now. this fella goes to work like all of us for 8hrs a day and 5 days a week but can't spend 1-2 mins to let my dealer know whats going on let alone me.

I am beyond frustrated so have contacted The Department of Fair Trading Qld. They have given me a template letter to fill in and it basically says that due to a reasonable amount of time has passed awaiting for a service that he has 10 business days to reply or a investigation will be launched. i really don't want it togo that far as stated in this letter i would rather have it sorted out between us.

What kinda man can't reply to a Loyal BMW customer, and after 2 months!.

If he was terminally ill or something i'd fully understand but like my sales rep said just because one man is sick that can't stop a business from operating. but he's not sick.

Anyone have experience with replacement VIN Stickers, reading around the web it seems to be a major headache for most. but others seem to get a quick turn around. I figured being BMW I would get a good service. but guess its not the case.

Reminds me of the time my brand new rear tyre got a nail on the M1 and I had to call BMW Roadside, I waited for hours and when they did turn up it was the most bogan asshole id ever meet, he strapped my bike down by the clipons and bend the **** outta them. I warned him not to do it that way and that as the manual even states it should be done by the forks mid way down on the lower triple. he laughed at me and pulled even harder on the straps as if to say i know better. he said he's been doing this for 33 years. 33 years doing it the wrong way. Got towed back to my dealer on Friday afternoon, their policy is not to plug up a tyre and to replace it with a new one, so I had to wait to monday afternoon to get it because they tried to charge me some crazy price for a new tyre, so i drove down to Gold Coast Motorcycle tyres and saw my old mate Andrew and got the same tyre for heaps cheaper. took it to them they put it on and as soon as I drove outta the dealership I knew my bars were bent as fuk. went straight back and told them they said the guys in the service shop didn't notice a thing, went home and measured everything went back the next day showed the service guys what i discovered, they ordered new parts had to wait 2 weeks got them put on, and then they tried to charge me for the parts and repair, went through a **** storm with BMW, eventually The big boss of Mottorrad Australia personally called me and apologised, said he was away the day they secured a tow company to represent BMW and that he personally had a major fight on the phone with the company and said that the manager said that guy had been doing that job for 33 years and knows what he is doing, i replied by saying yeah doing the job wrong for 33 years. i then mentioned the attitude of the bloke and the fact he smelt like alcohol and weed, I could smell it when i sat next to him in the truck... This fella was just plan rude from the get go, i waited for nearly 4 hrs for him to arrive. WTF

The big Boss at BMW said they are dropping that company, saw a pic of the roadside service in a bmw mag a while back and was a BMW M5 as the tow vehicle and a fancy pants trailer with a guy who looked like he worked on F1 cars all dressed immaculate in pressed overalls. So they must have changed that service because of me, well thats what this big Boss fella said he would do as the boss of the tow company refused to pay for the replacement bars and labour cost.

What a **** hole BMW is turning out to be, I pictured a posh tow vehicle with a buttler kinda looking fella offering me tea and biscuits, but i got this ex crim looking guy who could not even string sentences together let alone say hello.

BMW WTF.

:frown2:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Obviously as all stories go, there is more to this than what is written, but basically 2 months with no response to me the paying customer... WTF. this bloke apparently has made contact with My dealer confirming a letter/plate is coming. that was over half a month ago.

F me, what a joke.

·
Administrator
6,630 Posts
Not good at all mate. That's unheard of from me. If a part has been ordered or a warranty claim has been put through it normally gets done. 2 months is a bit of a wait. The roadside guy I dealt with was great. I still see him today doing work for other brands. I have worked on the service side all my life. You will have a reputation now when you call up. They will be calling you all the words under the sun and making out like you're the problem. They don't see it from your side. This service is not good enough.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey mate thanks for taking the time to read and reply, a lot of guys just get on these forums to look at pictures like kids.

UPDATE.... it's always interesting what happens when you mention the Department of Fair Trading to a business. So in one day this bloke went from somebody who was apparently at work and talking to the BMW help care line people on my behalf in which he never replied to me at all to a guy that according to the sales rep at BMW Motorrad is now on his death bed with only days to live.

It's all a little bit weird because up until i mentioned and threatened Fair Trading getting involved it was a faking waiting game and I kept hearing my sales rep saying I'm doing my best mate, To which I finally replied after hearing this for 2 months.... What is your best mate to just tell me to wait and to do nothing at all. what is this your best **** you keep saying. what business exactly am i dealing with here. I said I can't sell or trade my bike ever without this funkin sticker and if the Police look my bike over and inspect it they will impound it.

I then warned him that he has emailed and texted me stating that he had written confirmation from this bloke saying that I was to receive the compliance letter/plate and that i would need copies of these to hand to Fair Trading as they have requested all correspondence and it will all be investigated as more than a reasonable amount of time has passed and that the bike is still under warranty etc... when I asked the sales rep to send me a copy of these emails he said, oh, i only spoke with him, no I mean I spoke with another man.

So now he is changing his story and has done this many times not to mention just flat out ignored me on certain questions I asked via text and email. i warned him that he will also be investigated as he has been the middle man in communicating to this bloke All of a sudden after this phone call i get a call back saying your compliance letter/sticker will be here friday morning and that this bloke is dying of cancer and that he has been away from work for 2 months. funny because this contradicts the fact that the sales rep was saying he was emailing and talking to him for 2 months. Not to mention the BMW help line people who when I asked flat out are you guys actually speaking to this bloke, they all said yes we are.

When all this **** first happened the sales rep said that he made a call to get a replacement compliance plate and that they said a flat out NO they won't replace it.

I discovered they must replace it by LAW. i then took it into my own hands and rang up BMW Australia and they said that to my sales rep who had made out that the bike was stolen or something, i sent all proof of being the first owner from new and all of that and they said yes of course we will send you a new sticker no problems. the problems however seem to be revolving around dealing with Daisy Hill itself.

What the fuk is all this BS i have been put through for 2 months, i really don't care anymore as I

So this means that some mutha licker is lying to me. I am just pissed off that men these days are not men at all. Don't drink the tap water.

CASE CLOSED.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I kept saying all along if this fella is sick I will understand, now seems the sales rep has used this card I was feeding him and it is all just a little weird.

I believe that my case for a replacement VIN sticker was put in the to hard basket and that they hoped I would just go away. But they strung me along for 2 fukn months with a never ending promise its coming its coming just wait just wait we are in communication with this bloke every week every day. blah blah blah.

Am I angry the more I think about what I've been put through and the lies and the treatment and the lack of communication and flat out ****, YES I AM. Very much. Let's just say I am not the most calm of guys when pushed but realise I must do my best to behave. Being treated like an idiot for 2 months by BMW has made me HATE them. i will always remain strong and true to the machines but the people can suck my balls and lick the bottom of my boots.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I wouldn't be happy either but Reading your posts in this thread and another , you have anger issues. Might there be a chance that your behavior has made Bmw and the store you bought the bike at not want to help you . Being nice goes a long way when you need something from someone .

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't say anger issues is the problem. General customer service in Australia is sh!t. Scratch below the surface or anything at all complex no one has a clue.

I'd get straight in the blower to motorrad Germany. Follow up with an email and I bet you see stuff happen.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't be happy either but Reading your posts in this thread and another , you have anger issues. Might there be a chance that your behavior has made Bmw and the store you bought the bike at not want to help you . Being nice goes a long way when you need something from someone .
i sure do have a set of balls and no i am very polite when dealing with s=dickheads.

you sound a bit soft mate.

·
Administrator
6,630 Posts
If BMW did the right thing. It wouldn't of happened. The angry man would not be angry. They stuffed him around for 2 months. When you threaten things that can get them in trouble then they get it done straight away. Its stupid. Some dealers are worse than others. BMW suffers from the actions of dealers though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts