BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
You want to kill yourself, that's your business...but those other people around you that you are endangering...that's a different story entirely...

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I'm surprised no one has brought this up. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

This is the aftermath of street racers crashing at 300km/h. May they rest in pieces. I would never wish ill or harm to a fellow rider, but this is what can happen when you turn a highway into your own personal racing circuit.

WARNING! VERY GRAPHIC: LiveLeak.com - Motorcycle accident with 300 km / h. POV and Aftermath
That was recently posted here, worst crash I've ever "seen"

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm surprised no one has brought this up. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

This is the aftermath of street racers crashing at 300km/h. May they rest in pieces. I would never wish ill or harm to a fellow rider, but this is what can happen when you turn a highway into your own personal racing circuit.

WARNING! VERY GRAPHIC: LiveLeak.com - Motorcycle accident with 300 km / h. POV and Aftermath
That's a terrible way to start my day off. I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that link. Even though I wear gear, I feel like I need to go get more gear and double up now after seeing that.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
That was recently posted here, worst crash I've ever "seen"
Yeah I posted it and felt I should not dig it up again as I am sure riders like the OP have seen similar videos/photos online.

It is what it is. He is a grown adult that may have less than desirable choices when they ride. Schooling or chest pumping will most likely not change his views.

I've had experienced riders ride to my class with cheap ass, "brain bucket' helmet only to pull out a DOT certified helmet just to participate in my class then ride home with the same helmet they first rode in going home.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
That's a terrible way to start my day off. I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that link. Even though I wear gear, I feel like I need to go get more gear and double up now after seeing that.
No amount of gear that currently available in the market today would have changed an identical event such as this. The dismembering occurs when they hit highway guardrails.

·
Registered
213 Posts
No amount of gear that currently available in the market today would have changed an identical event such as this. The dismembering occurs when they hit highway guardrails.
I know :). I'm just being dramatic.... Needless to say, I won't be showing my wife that video.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Everyone likes to ride differently. Let's not beat this guy up over it.

What's he's doing is extremely dangerous, but so is just being on a motorcycle. OP, I kindly ask that you take a look at acknowledging risk and how most riders seek to minimize it instead of maximize it, while still riding hard. Respectfully, I find the post a little misguided.

We've all been young and done dumb things, and will continue to do so for the rest of our lives. It's part of being human. But there's a lot of very seasoned riders on this thread, and I think many would agree that what's going on in these videos is a bit hooliganish. Thank you for sharing the video.

·
4,756 Posts
OP reminds me of myself when I first got the bike and joined the forum. Good old times. I got flamed so bad, but it was for a good reason. Without it I would have been a squid for life going haha even though I had full gear. It's the attitude and poor judgement.

History repeats itself. >:)

Reactions: BTB and macca_779

·
Registered
529 Posts
Haha that video loaded I saw 650ib, heard his voice and then nearly threw my phone out the window, Terrible videos, using bikes built for the track to go fast in a straight line with different gearing/parts followed by a "smoked him" instead of some actual useful insight on the outcome. (face palm) Jesus Christ.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Somehow I've stumbled across his videos before, that guy is a fool. Seems to think he's some kind of knowledgeable professional and celebrity too.
Christ, two to a lane in traffic and doing that? Most folks don't get to actually do life threatening levels of stupid very long in the real world.
Isn't that Florida too?

I was on I-4 for a Disney trip with the family and we got passed by street racers doing similar speeds at twilight, it both spooked me and pissed me off.
(that was before I knew how disney really treats their IT staff, disney can suck it)

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
I was on I-4 for a Disney trip with the family and we got passed by street racers doing similar speeds at twilight, it both spooked me and pissed me off.
My guess is pissing drivers off is the primary appeal to these goons.

I adore riding and driving well over 100 MPH. But I only do so in conditions where a mistake will hurt me alone.

·
Registered
931 Posts
More money than sense.
I'm pretty sure he's paid by manufacturers to promote their bikes and products, and whatever he makes off Youtube subscribers. Notice how he goes into detail on certain parts.

Funny his oldest bike in his stable is the HP4

41 - 60 of 60 Posts