BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
The only reason I can see to post videos like this is to (hopefully) impress someone. It'd take something more to impress this forum...like something intelligent, on the track, or sane riding on the road.

Video skills pretty good...but that's about it.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Look I've ridden on the race track (Brickyard) with no helmet no gear what so ever - in heavy traffic - having no clue of the skill level of the riders around me - so how smart am I?
I'm riding the silver bagger.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,338 Posts
Because Bruce the people on the facebook page are goons. Go on moto riders universe. You will come away with one less chromosome than you went in with. Will be a circle jerk of S1000RR's injected with NOS pulling 300HP on dyno's while wearing shorts and t shirts on the highway running from the cops with no warmers and no slicks while hitting 65 degree lean angle @ 14k rpm in slick mode on 520 chain and sprockets with an extended swingarm while drinking latte's at starbucks.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Because Bruce the people on the facebook page are goons. Go on moto riders universe. You will come away with one less chromosome than you went in with. Will be a circle jerk of S1000RR's injected with NOS pulling 300HP on dyno's while wearing shorts and t shirts on the highway running from the cops with no warmers and no slicks while hitting 65 degree lean angle @ 14k rpm in slick mode on 520 chain and sprockets with an extended swingarm while drinking latte's at starbucks.

Well there you go - you have summed it up nicely - nothing I'm interested in.

I have the same goals every time I go out. Ride well - ride smart - ride safe - and just maybe I will come home and be able to remember one particular corner that day that I hit so perfectly - it was nirvana.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
I do have gear though...just not that night. :(
Better wear it and not need it, than needing it and not having it on.

From My Buddy Nick G. of No Squidding.com

"Dress for the slide, not for the ride"

FYI:

":::: What's a Squid? ::::

"Squid" is a term used by the riding community. It has many, many MANY definitions and that definition varies depending on who you are asking the question to. Ask us? A squid is someone on a motorcycle who is unprepared, uneducated, and/or unsafe.

No Squidding is not about hate. It's about safety. Similar to how the "No Smoking" signs urge smokers to not smoke, we are here to try and help encourage riders to progress -- ultimately to become better, safer & more talented riders.

We have supporters worldwide, from professional stunt riders to professional racers and everyone in between. The movement continues to gain momentum in the right direction thanks to everyone out there who supports No Squidding..."

·
Registered
225 Posts
i understand what you guys are saying. maybe i reacted a little quick without thinking about all that and some points are valid, but not everyone has the same likes as as the other. ME...I enjoy racing and straight line is what i know and im good at. i can hit the corners and tracks very well but my bread and butter is straight line racing. cars and bikes....just what i do.

i do take it to the strip and play safe but also have fun on the roads...(usually in gear).

no disrespect or problems with anyone...just jumped the gun a little being called a squid from someone i dont know....and would like to apologize for that one.

but here are a couple slips!
I agree that everyone has there niche. You have found yours but we all want every rider to be safe and make it from A to B to A alive, at least I do. I follow 650ib on YouTube and I remember on one of his videos he sat with Jason Britton and they conversed about why Jason stopped riding hard and stunting on the street. 650ib stated in that video that he was going to stop street racing and spend more time at the track and/or racing in a safer environment. Now I understand that he has sponsors and a lot of followers, and he maybe even feel a little compelled to make those type of videos now in order to keep some extra income coming in but it's not worth it if he's not around. I'd much rather see you guys make videos on modifications, dyno pulls, riding gear selection, track days, rider school, etc. After 32 years on bikes, dirt and street, I've seen way too many disasters and lost way too many people that I rode with. Funeral/memorial rides are not cool by any means. No disrespect to you or 650 but please be mindful of how your videos affect others, especially that young eager beaver that can't wait to get his first sports bike and run full throttle on the interstate because that's what they do on YouTube. With being a media ambassador there comes a great responsibility.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
More 650ib videos, yayyy! The few times I have been to Ohio on business showed me what shitty roads really are. You guys are crazy if the potholes I saw are a regular thing.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
the first few races my buddy is on my 2012 and he weighs 45ish lbs more than me. i am on his 2016 s1k durring that time. then i get on mine and run the same ducati pan. 1199r.
For fux sake man, you and your buddies cast certainty upon ALL of the other motorists for not:
Texting/distracted/drunk/sleepy/falling asleep - while driving.
OR any possibility of a recent fluid spill, debris in the road/ stray wildlife/pet in the roadway.
@dpkittle88 honestly, I figured this type of comments would happen, go onto the FB page for s1k and post it, you should get a different result aside from some saying about no gear.
?????
I follow 650ib on YouTube.....650ib stated in that video that he was going to stop street racing and spend more time at the track and/or racing in a safer environment. Now I understand that he has sponsors
Everyone in this new digital world seems to have followers, and I sort of understand it, almost dig it, as a metric if sales are involved. You got to be $hitting me that this 650eeb has real sponsorship of ANY KIND no matter how trivial. For what - videos featuring - non instrumented/open conditions "testing" with a multitude of other variables that are not even considered, that the guy claims success/failure, based on what? Where's the start point, finish point, and what of reaction time.
This is the same kind of crap, social garbage that has made it's way into the dragstrips that I've been to, and used to go to. Apples and oranges.
Not so fun fact....Kawasaki a few or 10 or so years back had a heavy involvement in AMA "prostar" motorcycle dragracing. One year Kawasaki sponsored a guy named Jim Carroll (Richmond area motorcycle mechanic/ long time privateer east coast motorcycle dragracer) as well as another guy, Rickey Gadson.
Jim BEAT R.G. at every round, and set several low e.t. records that year. As the eeeeb says, Jim slayed his azz, AT EVERY ROUND, same bikes. KHI USA, could only afford one rider the following year.
I'm betting at least a few members on this board have heard of Gadson, yet not one has ever heard of Jim Carroll. Yes, it's a sad state of affairs, the one guy who clearly had superior talent was dropped, for a "hype generator".
http://www.cycledrag.com/jim-carrolls-perfect-season
IMO Keith Dennis eclipses RG too, but Shine is a lot like Jim in demeanor, where RG is much like the Eeeb. Apparently talent takes a back seat to Frivolous banter.
So why the hell am I not a billionaire?????
Don't do it...unless you want to lose significant IQ points to the Farcebook world.
I'm in bad shape now, already watched the whole thing from curiosity of comments posted. Didn't have that many points to start with, assisted living community here I come.

·
Super Moderator
6,426 Posts
So guys - what is this "fully bolted" term? To me it means cams, ported, decked, forged rods, knifeedged crank, bigger injectors and dyno tune. Totally done. Now this Pani had a flash but nothing else? Please shed some light on the use of this terminology so I can use it correctly next time I'm at Starbucks lol.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
So guys - what is this "fully bolted" term? To me it means cams, ported, decked, forged rods, knifeedged crank, bigger injectors and dyno tune. Totally done. Now this Pani had a flash but nothing else? Please shed some light on the use of this terminology so I can use it correctly next time I'm at Starbucks lol.
'03 Gixxer would teach 'em.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'm surprised no one has brought this up. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

This is the aftermath of street racers crashing at 300km/h. May they rest in pieces. I would never wish ill or harm to a fellow rider, but this is what can happen when you turn a highway into your own personal racing circuit.

WARNING! VERY GRAPHIC: LiveLeak.com - Motorcycle accident with 300 km / h. POV and Aftermath

21 - 40 of 60 Posts