BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, just curious to see everyones thoughts or if anyone else had this issue.

I started noticing pretty heavy vibrations on my 2022 S1000RR M Package. i started noticing them right after the first service after the break in period. I’m sure they were there before i just never really pushed the bike to notice it until after the first service. They are in the foot rests, tank and of course the hand grips. They start pretty excessively at around 6k RPS and above. Over 10k is so extreme that i feel like the brake cylinder is going to break off.

Bike has been at the shop for almost a month now and BMW keeps going back and forth with my dealer and asking them to send pic, videos and experience of different machenics riding the bike. So far they can’t figure out what it is And it almost seems like they are trying to make it seem like this is normal for the bike.

Just curious if anyone else has been through this? i do have stage 1 Brentune on the bike that i got shortly after the first service and it did not do anything to reduce or increase the vibrations.

·
Vendor
4,860 Posts
Hey All, just curious to see everyones thoughts or if anyone else had this issue.

I started noticing pretty heavy vibrations on my 2022 S1000RR M Package. i started noticing them right after the first service after the break in period. I’m sure they were there before i just never really pushed the bike to notice it until after the first service. They are in the foot rests, tank and of course the hand grips. They start pretty excessively at around 6k RPS and above. Over 10k is so extreme that i feel like the brake cylinder is going to break off.

Bike has been at the shop for almost a month now and BMW keeps going back and forth with my dealer and asking them to send pic, videos and experience of different machenics riding the bike. So far they can’t figure out what it is And it almost seems like they are trying to make it seem like this is normal for the bike.

Just curious if anyone else has been through this? i do have stage 1 Brentune on the bike that i got shortly after the first service and it did not do anything to reduce or increase the vibrations.

All you to do is search the forum. This has been beat to death. The K67 does not have a counter balancer. Its a race bike. If your dealer does not know how to explain this to you, you are working with the wrong dealer and wasting your riding time with your bike sitting at the dealer.

2020 K67 S1000RR vibrations ???

Solution here >

·
Registered
799 Posts

I made a video on the vibrations and what I thought have been one of the easiest fixes for it. Definitely a big improvement. Can’t get rid of it completely though but definitely helped. There is some other things like change of the triple tree clamp ect that might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made a video on the vibrations and what I thought have been one of the easiest fixes for it. Definitely a big improvement. Can’t get rid of it completely though but definitely helped. There is some other things like change of the triple tree clamp ect that might help.

Appreciate the response. I’ll give those a shot and see if that makes in any better!

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
336 Posts
Hard to say without riding your bike but what you are describing seems like more vibration than I have experienced with my 21. I don't really recall getting extreme vibration over 6K nor any in the pegs or tank. Above 10K I get vibrations in the bars but that is all I can remember. Its been a while since I've been at track which is really the only place I ride much above 10K. Do note though that I have Evotech bar ends and Helibars on the bike but that wouldn't affect pegs or tank.

Seems like it would be worth considering wheel balance??? steering head tight or aligned correctly??? etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard to say without riding your bike but what you are describing seems like more vibration than I have experienced with my 21. I don't really recall getting extreme vibration over 6K nor any in the pegs or tank. Above 10K I get vibrations in the bars but that is all I can remember. Its been a while since I've been at track which is really the only place I ride much above 10K. Do note though that I have Evotech bar ends and Helibars on the bike but that wouldn't affect pegs or tank.

Seems like it would be worth considering wheel balance??? steering head tight or aligned correctly??? etc.
It seems a little excessive to me as well. Almost like that bike doesn’t seem stable at high RPMs and speed. I do have Evo tech bar ends as well. Front tire has been rebalanced and it was a little off but nothing crazy. Flashed it back to stock as well thinking brentune was the issue but that wasn’t the issue either. My dealer said he can even notice the vibrations when the bike is idiling on kick stand. They just can’t seem to figure out what’s causing it and BMW doesn’t seem to know either.

·
Registered
2021 S1000RR Black
336 Posts
I can say my bike is extremely stable and smooth and pulling hard at high speeds (at least at 150mph on the straightaway at Summit Point WV which is about what I'm doing when I reach my braking zone for my comfort level).

I'll add that it is a ton of fun on track and easy to ride since it pretty much does whatever I tell it too - that is the challenge :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also you can use - EP BMW S 1000 RR Handlebar End Weights (Black) (2019+)

DESCRIPTION

The BMW S 1000 RR it a great bike but it's not without fault, many owners have experienced annoying handlebar vibrations at around 5,500 rpm.
Here at Evotech Performance our R&D department have been working hard to develop a solution.
Not only do these bar end weights have increased weight over the OEM parts (OEM part 240g per set, Evotech part 440g per set) , they also offer increased protection to the end of the handlebar.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Also you can use - EP BMW S 1000 RR Handlebar End Weights (Black) (2019+)

DESCRIPTION

The BMW S 1000 RR it a great bike but it's not without fault, many owners have experienced annoying handlebar vibrations at around 5,500 rpm.
Here at Evotech Performance our R&D department have been working hard to develop a solution.
Not only do these bar end weights have increased weight over the OEM parts (OEM part 240g per set, Evotech part 440g per set) , they also offer increased protection to the end of the handlebar.
These really dont do much of anything, I have them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These really dont do much of anything, I have them.
I have them as well. They help on the low end of RPM I would say up to 6-7k after that no difference. Revzilla did just get evotech brake and clutch protector I wonder if these would make any difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have them as well. They help on the low end of RPM I would say up to 6-7k after that no difference. Revzilla did just get evotech brake and clutch protector I wonder if these would make any difference.
I think they lighter then "EP End Weights " so should be the same :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The low end was never the problem for me. The vibs start at like 7K.
I heard the OEM M brake and clutch lever guards help but dont know about the Evotech ones.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I would try the bmw lever guards clutch and brake or something of the sort if your not liking the higher rpm vibration. I have tried a decent amount of bar ends and weight isn’t always the answer but depends. I have tried the hvmp bar ends. One side weighs more then both of the stock bar ends. While they do help with lower rpm vibration and they are great for just road riding they don’t work too well in the higher rpm’s where I feel the bike vibrates the most. If your looking for something just for lower rpm I’ll sell my hvmp bar ends if your in the USA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts