BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I was hoping some of you would be able to chime in on purchase advice on a used bike I’m looking at today.

The seller is an experienced rider older gentleman been riding for decades.

It’s a 2015 S1000R Premium with 6,500 miles on it. Tires are recent, brakes are good, bike doesn’t have any damage.

What should I be looking for in this bike? Are there issues with a 2015 models? Supposedly he has not had any problems whatsoever since day one of ownership. Are there some major service coming up at a certain mileage?

Would really appreciate any information.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check brakes, leaks in calipers, clunking noises in forks, sprockets/chain wear and that's about it. 2015 is a decent model
Thanks.. how is the reliability with the engine and all of the electronics? Anything I should be concerned with?

The bike is out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I have a 2014 (single)R, with 30k miles on her and no issues. the only 'major' service you have coming up is at 18k miles(valves/forks). I have not seen any reports of leaking calipers/clunking forks(this seems prevalent on the new RR) on any year R models.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At 6500K not much to look out for if properly maintained. Should have only had break in service and an oil change at 6K. Depending on price sounds like a good find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts