BMW S1000RR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Dammit, I need to get to the track. This year has been a wash for almost everyone in our group of (riding) friends.

Its good to see someone with a real review of the bike on track. I mauy be getting this gen just due to WFO's constant reminder of how good this bike is over the last gen. Tho it will be hard to give up my current S1kRR just due to the amount of crap I've out on it to make it feel just right.
@wfo439 you've got the pass for Keigwin's right? I'll try to make a track day and meet up before the temps get too cold. My rectifier is toast and am sourcing one from fleabay hoping that the stator hasn't gone to crap as well. The 899 is still in the "I'll get to it" stage—that's the one I really want to get track/race ready after sourcing parts from a socal racer.

I'll reach out to you WFO soon.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Dammit, I need to get to the track. This year has been a wash for almost everyone in our group of (riding) friends.

Its good to see someone with a real review of the bike on track. I mauy be getting this gen just due to WFO's constant reminder of how good this bike is over the last gen. Tho it will be hard to give up my current S1kRR just due to the amount of crap I've out on it to make it feel just right.

@wfo439 you've got the pass for Keigwin's right? I'll try to make a track day and meet up before the temps get too cold. My rectifier is toast and am sourcing one from fleabay hoping that the stator hasn't gone to crap as well. The 899 is still in the "I'll get to it" stage—that's the one I really want to get track/race ready after sourcing parts from a socal racer.

I'll reach out to you WFO soon.
Sounds good. Yep. Have season pass for all the good it's done me. 2 days used this year. Stuff happens and nothing went as planned. :rolleyes:

:laugh: I have a KTM 500EXC-F that I've owned for 2 years. It had a paltry 4.2 hours on it. I don't think I've ridden it in a year and a half. When I rode it the other day just to get fresh fresh gas in the tank, I remembered why I hated it. Ordered a bunch of stuff to add 10 HP and cure it's other ills. Hopefully it will then be the hooligan sumo I thought I was buying.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just did 2 days at PTT at Thunderhill. Down to a 1.58.1 now! Waiting for the 2020 to arrive before I got back now. It is on a truck from NJ apparently. Also broke the leg zipper on my Gimoto suit and got bumped into in Turn 2 but neither of us crashed.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #232 (Edited)
I am heading to button willow this saturday clock wise.
Double at Circuit of the America's this weekend!! :smile2:
Barber 7-9 Sept...on BRAND NEW ASPHALT!
I'll be there too!
I'm on staff, come say hi!
Will do. Looking forward to it.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You guys do realize this is the regional NorCal forum? It's original purpose was for those of us that ride Laguna, Sonoma and T-Hill to meet up if we were headed to the same track day. I posted about T-Hill because we don't have a thread in this section yet for Track Day Reports. :wink2: I suppose I should have started one. :rolleyes:

The forum is slow and I love to see everyone taking their bikes to the track so knock yourselves out. Each regional forum should have their own threads for Upcoming Track Days so forum members can meet up at their local tracks. My two cents.

Edit @TheITguy I haven't ridden Big Willow since '86. I really want to get down there on the 2020.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
SJ BMW and Carter's VIP Track Days

T-Hill East Sunday 9/1 and Monday 9/2

I'll be at Sonoma tomorrow, T-Hill Saturday and probably Monday as well. :smile2:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I hope to be there too on my 2020. Got a new tune in it and -2/0 gearing which should be pretty lively.
Would love to get some beers with you guys or maybe even do a session together assuming we are all in A group :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Trackday was super fun ! Simes helped me to dial my 2020 M RR in for track duty based on his setup.
OuttaControl were you there too? Didn't see any other 2020 BMWs

221 - 240 of 241 Posts