BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, we have a lot of forum members doing track days here in Nor Cal. It would be nice if everyone posted up about their upcoming track days. I unexpectedly ran into @Bobby Johnny last year at Sonoma? Because of one of @smash adams posts, I ended up doing 2 days at Sonoma with him. I also shifted a "free for me T-Hill day with Keigwins to do a Friday Fun Track Dayz T-Hill event him and another Barfer. I unexpectedly ran into @Phanuel and one of his buds on 7/2 at a Keigwins event. Sharing the day with a couple other S1000RRs made the day much more enjoyable even though we were riding different groups. :smile2:

Me thinks we should post up when doing track days regardless of the track day provider. Some may add a track day to attend the event. Ya never know.

My next days are with Keigwins. T-Hill West 7-29 and 7-30 T-Hill West backwards. First time at both. B-. I'll be taking the KTM sumo as I've been told it might be more fun than the HP4. Hope to see all of you at Laguna, Sonoma or T-hill at some point. :grin2: OC's comment have discouraged me from ever wanting to ride Buttonwillow but I may change me mind to get in another day. :laugh:

Don't know why there is no option to delete a duplicate post. I tried. Mods, please delete one of them.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I'd love to come out to Sonoma, T-Hill, or Laguna in the near future. Buying a car that can tow a trailer very soon. Do you guys all tow individually?

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Signed up for July 29 & 30 at Thunderhill West. Its gonna be a scorcher—107-109 that weekend! West in reverse is gonna be weird, especially the right-hand hairpin after the front straight.
I'd love to see the forecast change but it shouldn't feel any different than 4th of July weekend.
@RR1 I don't know about the others. I tow individually. The Escape barely holds my equipment. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I'd love to see the forecast change but it shouldn't feel any different than 4th of July weekend.

@RR1 I don't know about the others. I tow individually. The Escape barely holds my equipment. :rolleyes:
Holy crap, can I even get away with a CX5 AWD?

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
my next day is with fun track dayz 8/14 at THill doing the five mile course

i have a truck with a chock in the bed and use of a nice ramp thanks to @wfo439 although if i had to i could tow with my 1.8l vw passat. there are tow hitches purchased online you can install yourself in an hour or two which can tow the harbor freight trailers no problem

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Holy crap, can I even get away with a CX5 AWD?
Probably. Helmet ,boots, leathers, gloves and miscellaneous items take up the front seat area. In back I have: Canopy, 2-3 folding chairs, ice chest, tool box, generator, tire warmers, extension cord, plug strip, step stool, 2 pit bull stands, canopy weights, misc. stuff like paper towels, chain lube, torque wrenches, mini air compressor and a 5 gallon gas can. :rolleyes: Probably need to lose my center wheel chalk on the Kendon and add their tool/storage box. Still working on the logistics so things aren't so crowded. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my next day is with fun track dayz 8/14 at THill doing the five mile course
Hope you are hitting the gym! I can't even imagine a day of 5 mile laps. :laugh: I'm not sure I want to. That sounds like torture. You should do T-Hill West on the 29th or 30th as a warm up. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Never done T-Hill West before. Better on a small bike?
WTH is turn 3 all about? Looks like a widowmaker.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts