BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I dont have a S1000RR '22 yet, but Im wondering how much space is under the passenger's seat? Is there enough space to store a Xena disclock? What do you store there? (besides OEM tools)

I did watch this video.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Enough storage for a pack of smokes, possibly a lighter.
It holds my wallet. Not much more.
Hahaha... I mean the video the dude has more stuff inside (its the K66) but some people do mention that you get NO space if you go for the stock Alarm.

So... seriously, no space at all for even a Xena Disclock?

Update: a Xena XX-15 fits perfectly under the passenger's seat :)

·
Vendor
4,406 Posts
Depends on if you have the USB charge option. That takes up alot of space. I removed my USB charge on my K66 and put my 2D Laptimer assembly all in there.

As to space without the USB charger, you can easily put your wallet, sunglasses, and hat if you wad it all up.

Sports equipment Peripheral Gadget Automotive design Audio equipment

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depends on if you have the USB charge option. That takes up alot of space. I removed my USB charge on my K66 and put my 2D Laptimer assembly all in there.

As to space without the USB charger, you can easily put your wallet, sunglasses, and hat if you wad it all up.

View attachment 220389
Thanks! Just what I was looking for, damn thats a small space!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Erreur 🤗
Voilà
Merci!!!!!!!
I doubt they prevent many thefts, since many thefts involve manhandling the bikes into the back of trucks. I just keep my bike near me, and my insurance paid up.
Yeah that makes sense... Im starting to get flying lessons so I cant have an eye on my Bike all the time... gotta find something to prevent them from stealing it. Maybe I'll just take a big ass chain with me.

·
Registered
2017 rr
507 Posts
Im starting to get flying lessons so I cant have an eye on my Bike all the time... gotta find something to prevent them from stealing it. Maybe I'll just take a big ass chain with me.
Well if you can park it at the same place every time then you could leave a chain around a post? Perhaps a little sign over the instruments warning of embedded GPS tracking, thieves are a pretty dull lot for the most part, put a scare up them and they'll go look for a softer target. I have sensor lights around my house, some beware of the dog signs on the side fences, a bunch of cheap ebay "Monitored Alarm" stickers on the windows, and also some children's toys out in the yard near the front door. Just some junk I picked up off the side of the road. No kids ever come here and I don't have a dog either but I know kids are a huge complication for the average crim, you don't want to hurt them even accidentally, it's a big No No.

You have to think like a criminal, they don't want complications, and they especially don't want to turn a simple theft into something involving hardened steel chains or possible tracking.

·
Registered
2015 S1000RR
25 Posts
Well if you can park it at the same place every time then you could leave a chain around a post? Perhaps a little sign over the instruments warning of embedded GPS tracking, thieves are a pretty dull lot for the most part, put a scare up them and they'll go look for a softer target. I have sensor lights around my house, some beware of the dog signs on the side fences, a bunch of cheap ebay "Monitored Alarm" stickers on the windows, and also some children's toys out in the yard near the front door. Just some junk I picked up off the side of the road. No kids ever come here and I don't have a dog either but I know kids are a huge complication for the average crim, you don't want to hurt them even accidentally, it's a big No No.

You have to think like a criminal, they don't want complications, and they especially don't want to turn a simple theft into something involving hardened steel chains or possible tracking.
Got inspired by Home Alone :LOL:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts