BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the comments, how will you install signals on your mirrors? I have a 2015 model so the mirrors don't have the built in signals like the later models.
My s1000rr is also a 2015 year model. I picked up some stealth mirrors with signal lights integrated into it. They are similar to the Rizoma mirrors. I ordered them off AliExpress. I found out about them on this post:

I will wire them with the Watsen flush mount and roundel signals. I haven’t installed them yet, I am waiting for the Watsen signals to be painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have them on my 2022 S1000RR and they look awesome. That and the license plate mount really make the ass end look sweet.

The comments I get the first time someone rides with me is, "I was wondering why your brakes were on, and then you put your brakes on, damn they are bright!!!"

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have them on my 2022 S1000RR and they look awesome. That and the license plate mount really make the ass end look sweet.

The comments I get the first time someone rides with me is, "I was wondering why your brakes were on, and then you put your brakes on, damn they are bright!!!"
How did you wire your license plate light?

·
Registered
22 S1000RR M
36 Posts
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
As a follow up, I ended up buying and installing the smoked version of the TST on my 2015 and it looks amazing. It gives 3 light pulses then goes solid when I hit the brakes, turn signals work fine. Very easy plug and play install too - no cutting, splicing, soldering, none of that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
As a follow up, I ended up buying and installing the smoked version of the TST on my 2015 and it looks amazing. It gives 3 light pulses then goes solid when I hit the brakes, turn signals work fine. Very easy plug and play install too - no cutting, splicing, soldering, none of that.
If you didn’t already know. There is a button where you can change the dynamic light pattern when you press the brakes.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If you didn’t already know. There is a button where you can change the dynamic light pattern when you press the brakes.

Yeah, I watched the TST install vid on Youtube before I put this on the bike and the guy demo'd all the patterns so I knew the options. I just went with the regular 3 pulses then solid pattern. The great thing is I can change it later to something else.
For all who are on the fence about this product, go for it!! The shipping was fast, the install video was very clear, the build quality is good and the installation was a piece of cake. I'm familiar with tools but I'm no master mechanic and I had zero issues hooking this up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, I watched the TST install vid on Youtube before I put this on the bike and the guy demo'd all the patterns so I knew the options. I just went with the regular 3 pulses then solid pattern. The great thing is I can change it later to something else.
For all who are on the fence about this product, go for it!! The shipping was fast, the install video was very clear, the build quality is good and the installation was a piece of cake. I'm familiar with tools but I'm no master mechanic and I had zero issues hooking this up.
Do you have a license plate light attached? I didn’t see an extra plug to connect it on my integrated rear light. I haven’t installed it yet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Do you have a license plate light attached? I didn’t see an extra plug to connect it on my integrated rear light. I haven’t installed it yet.
Ah, that was an issue that I had to correct manually by cutting out a small section of insulation on the positive and negative wires for the taillight, and connecting the license plate wires to them.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts