BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

my k67 M is on its way to my dealer (eventually) I am Being told next batch should be delivered August or September at the very latest. unfortunately for me I sold My s1k (pics attached) and now have no bike so the anticipation is killing me here. Is there a way to track when the next batch will come in? I put a deposit down but did not get a vin # or a production # as I would When I ordered My X3M or F82 CS

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was in the same boat as you. The anticipation is serious. I tried to find a way to track it but there isn’t a way to track it per say. But if you put a deposit down, the dealer should have given you a build sheet with a production number and or partial vin (7digits). Once BMW begins to source the parts to produce your bike, this info will populate on this build sheet along with a status. Once you have this info (production number or last 7 of vin) you can call BMW NA and talk to a rep that give you the status. The dealer can also get the same information and will probably be more able to predict the next status change. The status will tell you vague information like “3 digit number” which means “awaiting carrier” for example but you can find these status codes on this forum.

If I were you, tell your dealer that if they get another bike with the same build, you would like to take it. They should offer it to you (if there’s no one ahead of you) without you saying anything but it might be worth having the conversation with them. This is how I got my bike early. With everything going on in the world, some dealers don’t want the bikes coming in because they can’t sell them and this is where BMW might send the bike to your dealer instead. My dealer ended up getting close to double the bikes they were supposed to get as other dealers gave them up.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in the same boat as you. The anticipation is serious. I tried to find a way to track it but there isn’t a way to track it per say. But if you put a deposit down, the dealer should have given you a build sheet with a production number and or partial vin (7digits). Once BMW begins to source the parts to produce your bike, this info will populate on this build sheet along with a status. Once you have this info (production number or last 7 of vin) you can call BMW NA and talk to a rep that give you the status. The dealer can also get the same information and will probably be more able to predict the next status change. The status will tell you vague information like “3 digit number” which means “awaiting carrier” for example but you can find these status codes on this forum.

If I were you, tell your dealer that if they get another bike with the same build, you would like to take it. They should offer it to you (if there’s no one ahead of you) without you saying anything but it might be worth having the conversation with them. This is how I got my bike early. With everything going on in the world, some dealers don’t want the bikes coming in because they can’t sell them and this is where BMW might send the bike to your dealer instead. My dealer ended up getting close to double the bikes they were supposed to get as other dealers gave them up.
Thank you for the reply. Just curious which is your dealer) I pit A deposit down about 2 weeks ago and was told it should arrive around August but was never given a vin, build sheet, buyers order or anything really other than a verbal confirmation. I purchased From this dealer before so I am Not overly worried but I am bike-less and the anticipation is killing me right now because i really want to ride. That’s why I posted Here hoping any one happened to know when the factory plans on shipping the next batch of bikes as I heard They halted all production due to covid19. The more time goes by, the more I regret Selling my built 14 S1K.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Just curious which is your dealer) I pit A deposit down about 2 weeks ago and was told it should arrive around August but was never given a vin, build sheet, buyers order or anything really other than a verbal confirmation. I purchased From this dealer before so I am Not overly worried but I am bike-less and the anticipation is killing me right now because i really want to ride. That’s why I posted Here hoping any one happened to know when the factory plans on shipping the next batch of bikes as I heard They halted all production due to covid19. The more time goes by, the more I regret Selling my built 14 S1K.
My dealer’s in Hawaii. Ask the dealer for your build sheet. It’s a little surprising your dealer didn’t give you any documentation at all but I wouldn’t be alarmed. I would just ask for the build sheet for the bike you built. I assume you optioned out your bike since they said it’s coming from German? If they are saying it should arrive in August, it might already be built as that that’s pretty fast to get your bike.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it’s a regular M with select package. They completely sold out and productions was halted back in May on all motorad bikes from my understanding... they have like 10-15 M’s incoming and he said one of them is mine. Didn’t specify or provide any documentation. I just Figured when other dealers start to get incoming units means the factory back in business.. I could Be wrong but aren’t all s1000rr M’s built in Germany? My buddy’s vin say so as well

·
Registered
103 Posts
it’s a regular M with select package. They completely sold out and productions was halted back in May on all motorad bikes from my understanding... they have like 10-15 M’s incoming and he said one of them is mine. Didn’t specify or provide any documentation. I just Figured when other dealers start to get incoming units means the factory back in business.. I could Be wrong but aren’t all s1000rr M’s built in Germany? My buddy’s vin say so as well
All S1K’s are built in Germany. Same thing happened to me (production halted). Mine is the same build as your and I just got one that the dealer it was supposed to go to didn’t want it, so they sent it to my dealer and I got it.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All S1K’s are built in Germany. Same thing happened to me (production halted). Mine is the same build as your and I just got one that the dealer it was supposed to go to didn’t want it, so they sent it to my dealer and I got it.
How long were you waiting bro?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Not built, but assembled is the right word to say. Lots of k67 components are manufactured in China.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How long were you waiting bro?
When I originally put my deposit down and built the bike, it was the second week of March and they told me it would arrive in late July early August. I learned of the factory shut down shortly after this and was instantly . They called at some point in April and said they would be receiving more bikes they didn’t know they were getting and there was one person in front of me but he “reserved the next S1K to come in”. One of these bikes, they offered to me. A silver one came in and he turned it down because he wanted an M model now. So the first week of May, an M came in with the same build and I took delivery of it May 5th. So with a bit of luck, I took delivery of mine after just 2 months of placing my order/deposit. I will note that the bike spent around a month in NJ waiting for customs and whatever else they do there. The bike was here when the dealer told me that I was getting it. The place in NJ was shut down because they weren’t “essential personnel”.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I originally put my deposit down and built the bike, it was the second week of March and they told me it would arrive in late July early August. I learned of the factory shut down shortly after this and was instantly . They called at some point in April and said they would be receiving more bikes they didn’t know they were getting and there was one person in front of me but he “reserved the next S1K to come in”. One of these bikes, they offered to me. A silver one came in and he turned it down because he wanted an M model now. So the first week of May, an M came in with the same build and I took delivery of it May 5th. So with a bit of luck, I took delivery of mine after just 2 months of placing my order/deposit. I will note that the bike spent around a month in NJ waiting for customs and whatever else they do there. The bike was here when the dealer told me that I was getting it. The place in NJ was shut down because they weren’t “essential personnel”.
Damn that is rough.. not sure if I ordered March if I could Or even would wait until August/September thet is way too long. They promised me August/September at the very latest and i put a deposit down early July. Let’s hope thet stands. Otherwise I’ll need to find an M that It low on Milage somewhere and just buy It. The good part is I’m paying cash so I do Have some options here. Guess we will see what happens within the next month or so. I am Definitely not waiting 3-4 months.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not built, but assembled is the right word to say. Lots of k67 components are manufactured in China.
I think “built” was the right word. If I had said “manufactured” you would have room to correct me. Build: construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Damn that is rough.. not sure if I ordered March if I could Or even would wait until August/September thet is way too long. They promised me August/September at the very latest and i put a deposit down early July. Let’s hope thet stands. Otherwise I’ll need to find an M that It low on Milage somewhere and just buy It. The good part is I’m paying cash so I do Have some options here. Guess we will see what happens within the next month or so. I am Definitely not waiting 3-4 months.
Good things come to those who wait... I don’t have much of a choice as I’m on an island.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good things come to those who wait... I don’t have much of a choice as I’m on an island.
Soooo... this happened today.. my buddy said it’s not comfy for long trips and sold me his M.... no need to wait for Germany LOL thanks for being the only one to reply without being a di*k

·
Registered
103 Posts
Soooo... this happened today.. my buddy said it’s not comfy for long trips and sold me his M.... no need to wait for Germany LOL thanks for being the only one to reply without being a di*k View attachment 212424
Your buddy is completely right (with one caveat). It was pretty hard to put the break in miles on my bike due to the seat being “plank of wood” as someone once said in a video. But the caveat being Luimoto sells some very nice seat cover with optional gel inserts. I ordered one from a another site then found out they sell a different version that I liked better. That’s a whole different topic but I returned it I plan to get the Motorsports version. They look amazing and have heard nothing but good things about them.

You scored a sick bike. Not sure if it has a tune or not but I can also highly recommend BrenTuning stage 2. It completely changed the bikes ability to start correctly and quieter, drivability at lower speeds, surging when cruising and mid-range power at WOT. This is not all it did but these are off the top of my head and are major improvements over stock that can be felt and heard.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I must be the only one who thinks the stock M seat is comfortable. Took me a few hours to get used to. Now, i cant even tell the difference. I will, however, get the luimoto seat one day.

Reactions: cjc
1 - 20 of 22 Posts