BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the track with a few BMW S1000rr and my brother with his GSX-R750

The Camera bike is a 2011 BMW S1000rr and im 2 bikes back on my black 2014 S1000rr.

INFO:
Camera Bike not following instructors direction to move over to the right and to the back of the pack once the leaders lap is done before the finish line.

GSX-r750 rider finds the ejection button enjoy the video.

Just a side note Arai course air 5 saved my brothers head and rider only suffered mild concussion and a bruised knee.

·
4,590 Posts
Damn! It looks way worse than what you said. Glad he is ok.

That was a handful of brakes. Damn Suzaaakis lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
You may blame the camera bike, and maybe he shares some blame for not following directions. But the real blame here falls with the guy who hit him and went over. Yeah it sucks the guy in front of him is riding off line and unpredictable, but it is his job to keep them both safe when making a pass, not the other way. I am so over conservative when passing people it's not even funny, and even then, I had one close call with a guy that decided to veer across track at the last second.

He learned his lesson the hard way I suppose.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
It is the passing rider's responsibility to avoid a collision in racing. While I've never heard it addressed in a track day rider's meeting, I would assume the same applies. Rider being passed doesn't have eyes in the back of his/ her head or mirrors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PHP:
You may blame the camera bike, and maybe he shares some blame for not following directions. But the real blame here falls with the guy who hit him and went over. Yeah it sucks the guy in front of him is riding off line and unpredictable, but it is his job to keep them both safe when making a pass, not the other way. I am so over conservative when passing people it's not even funny, and even then, I had one close call with a guy that decided to veer across track at the last second.

He learned his lesson the hard way I suppose.
I would have to agree the guy doing the passing is responsible to do so safely and without incident.
Gsx-r750 rider learned his lesson on passing.

With that being said some riders are just idiots on the track and will cut you off and not let you pass safely.
i can recall a few track days this year when this happened to myself.
This is mostly a intermediate group dynamic on trackday's as people's Ego's are larger then the ability they hold.

That's the best part of owning a BMW S1000rr open the throttle and pass anyone anywhere.

More racing next year for the 2017 season hopefully without incident.
hope to see some of you guys in mid Ohio

1 - 11 of 11 Posts