BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening All,
I am looking for some perspective as it relates to track bikes. I currently have a 2016 S1KRR and have done two track days on it thus far (COTA & Cresson). I enjoyed riding it a ton, learned a lot and had a blast. This drove me to start thinking about a dedicated track bike and a lot of folks have been suggesting a 600 as a means of fine tuning skills. They claim it helps focus and riding a slower bike fast, is much more functional than riding a fast bike slower. If I decide to buy a 600, the logical choice for me is the Triumph Daytona 675R. I respectfully request your perspective and viewpoint. Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Nak

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Howdie.

A 600 is great for a trackbike but if $$ is an issue you can learn a lot on a modified Ninja 300 or an older SV650. Both could teach you to trailbrake and getting on the throttle.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdie.

A 600 is great for a trackbike but if $$ is an issue you can learn a lot on a modified Ninja 300 or an older SV650. Both could teach you to trailbrake and getting on the throttle.
Thanks OC for the feedback. If I pull the trigger on this, I will be grabbing a 16 TD675R that I have a great deal lined up on. I had a standard 09 years ago and regret selling it very much. Super nimble and an absolute kick in the pants to ride. Thanks for your time and view.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Thanks OC for the feedback. If I pull the trigger on this, I will be grabbing a 16 TD675R that I have a great deal lined up on. I had a standard 09 years ago and regret selling it very much. Super nimble and an absolute kick in the pants to ride. Thanks for your time and view.
No worries. I owned a 675 and they are a great track bike. Only drama with those are the parts if repairs are needed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
SV650.

You can get a great used one for $2500-3500, use the money to do more track days, eat a good lunch, buy tires and gas, pay people to repair anything you dont want to when you break it, and still save money.

Then when you're done with it 3 or 4 years later, you can sell it for parts or to some kid as a busted up track bike to fix up for $800. Either way, it's no huge loss.. you got your money out of it, and a kid gets a good cheap bike that just needs a few parts off ebay and some wrench work.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
SV650.

You can get a great used one for $2500-3500, use the money to do more track days, eat a good lunch, buy tires and gas, pay people to repair anything you dont want to when you break it, and still save money.

Then when you're done with it 3 or 4 years later, you can sell it for parts or to some kid as a busted up track bike to fix up for $800. Either way, it's no huge loss.. you got your money out of it, and a kid gets a good cheap bike that just needs a few parts off ebay and some wrench work.
Thanks for the thoughts but I am sold on another 675 if I go this route. Have a great night!

·
4,642 Posts
Depends on your budget.

600s are overrated. I would wait until the end of the year, get a discounted RR. It's much easier to service 2 bikes of the same make.

If you want something different R1 or RSV4 make great track bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I had and loved a '12 Daytona 675R for a few years before a deer committed suicide into it last year.
Stellar handling. Terrific motor out of the corners. Awesome Brembos. A total pleasure to ride on the track.

It sucked as a street bike though. Way to aggressive seating position. But I know that's irrelevant in your case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts