BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry to ask but for a month ago or so i found a link somewhere here and for the love og god i can not find it again. it was a link to BMW officel site and login.
I need to know some tourqe settings for the 2020. mine is coming on monday and i need to bulid it for a race in september

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a torque spread sheet in the works. I will post it up and we can add to it if needed.
that would be great. are your specs from the service manual?
the most needed right now is the bottom tripple clamp ( i need to adjust the front fork hight)

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
For the record, as soon as I got my 2020 home from the dealer, I put the spools on with 1 ugga dugga, by hand with an open end wrench and blue locktite. Not sure if it counts but I wanted to clean the OEM chain grease off before my first ride. No time to RTFM. :laugh:

Edit: They haven't come loose 1000 miles later.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Page 179 of the manual has a spec for that. 20 NM. :wink2:
Thank you for helping my lazy ass!

3 ugga duggas
Lol

I put the spools on with 1 ugga dugga, by hand with an open end wrench and blue locktite. .
Yeah I usually just go until tight and use blue when I do em. Figured I'd be scientific about it this go-around lol :nerd:

Another one I use when someone says what's the torque? I say FT. They say what's FT? I say fkn tight. Or Strip it then back it off half a turn.
When it spins freely, that's when you're done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts