BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I underestimated how slippery brand new tyres can be and.. yeah. :(

I have damaged the timing cover part of the engine case, (cf protection kit came in the mail today..:/)
I will order the part is here: https://www.ascycles.com/2/MicroList?id=55348&catID=11&catname=11 Engine Hopefully they have stock available. Will also order a set of screws as many of mine were sheared off or ground down, looking forward to breaking a few easy-outs in there.. Could anyone please tell me the torque values for these or if a gasket/Oring is required.

Thanks and sorry for not searching!, only occurred to me after typing that.. still feeling a bit ****

·
Registered
535 Posts
sorry to hear that man, hope your ok.

benny is your man, I have the workshop manual but man what a pain it is to navigate.

benny will know for sure.

Be safe brother.

0:)

·
Administrator
6,928 Posts
Search will tell you the actual value. No gasket required, just use the gasket eliminator stuff to seal it up.
Easy outs not required to remove the old bolts, just get them started with a center punch and they will turn out. Took the bottom two out of the engine guard earlier this week when the wife crashed. Two minutes and it was fixed.

Here's ALL the torque values, 3 second search http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/maintenance/2873-torque-specs.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Gonna hit the ground running with this repair, it was very low speed so just right side fairings, the clip on, the slip on, and the timing case. pretty much already ordered everything except the muffler as i cant decide if i now wanna go with the long can!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guys.

All bolts, no matter what material should be taken to 50 to 70% of yield strength. The Yield strength should be provided by the manufacturer. If they cannot give you that figure they should be able to give you the grade of the bolt. Then you will be able to find yield strength.
how high you go, 50 to 70% depends on the criticality of the bolts location, if you have gasket or not.

One more extremely important thing is to lubricate the bolts.
If you don't you will loose up to 80% of your applied torque in friction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts