BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm new as well. They have full sets on Ebay for about $550. Was thinking of changing mine out to keep the stock one like new. My bike is the black and grey so the white/blue would look nice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Color-ABS-Fairing-Bodywork-Injection-Kit-For-BMW-S1000RR-s1000rr-2015-2016/173417204889?fits=Model:S1000RR&hash=item2860788c99:m:mC--MT3zAIO60euzPKIDJTA:rk:29:pf:0
Don't do it, the ebay Chinese plastics pretty much shatter upon impact, questionable fitment. Just buy frame, fork and axle sliders and engine covers, all could be had for less than a set of fairings from ebay.

If the bike falls over in a parking lot, low speed, even faster the frame and plastics could go untouched. Anything more you'll be filing an insurance claim so...

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Don't do it, the ebay Chinese plastics pretty much shatter upon impact, questionable fitment. Just buy frame, fork and axle sliders and engine covers, all could be had for less than a set of fairings from ebay.

If the bike falls over in a parking lot, low speed, even faster the frame and plastics could go untouched. Anything more you'll be filing an insurance claim so...
Have you crashed in them? I have gone through 2 OEM sets and I'm on my second Chinese set. No difference at all in crashing. They're both ABS plastic. The Chinese plastics actually had less paint defects.

I vote to go with Chinese. Much cheaper than OEM and quality is pretty much the same. Fitment on my 2015 was pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Have you crashed in them? I have gone through 2 OEM sets and I'm on my second Chinese set. No difference at all in crashing. They're both ABS plastic. The Chinese plastics actually had less paint defects.

I vote to go with Chinese. Much cheaper than OEM and quality is pretty much the same. Fitment on my 2015 was pretty much perfect.
Do you have any pics or link to which chinese ones you've used? Maybe the quality spread varies..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts