BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, the sign says there is a campground at the end of this road!

Wait, is that a river crossing the road?

1st gear idle is actually pretty good for technical terrain.

Kawi and Yami missed all the fun. Now looking embarrassed.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wow - glad you stayed upright! I've crashed more than one dirt bike and adventure bike in water crossings.

I bet you had a nice stripe of mud up the back of your jacket and helmet too.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Wow - glad you stayed upright! I've crashed more than one dirt bike and adventure bike in water crossings.

I bet you had a nice stripe of mud up the back of your jacket and helmet too.
That's nothing compared to the stripe of "mud" he left in his shorts! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Hey, the sign says there is a campground at the end of this road!

Wait, is that a river crossing the road?

1st gear idle is actually pretty good for technical terrain.

Kawi and Yami missed all the fun. Now looking embarrassed.
Mods! Quick! RR abuse! LOL

One reason why I love having the KTM: I can leave it muddy as a badge of honor to show it's not a 2-wheeled "Mall Crawler" or "Garage Queen".

That kinda looks like you rode through wet concrete. Not, of course, that I'd ever have Ahem! actually done anything like that...in my past...or anything... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I’d pull the rear wheel, clean under the cush drive and grease the axle…
Good idea, especially if the mud was deep enough to be at the level of the rear axle. If it was only a couple inches deep but just got everywhere, then it might not be needed.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. Let me explain... It wasn't a real off-roading. I took a USFS road (packed dirt and gravel, many holes) for a couple miles. At one point crossed a brook that has overflowed and was over the road (20 feet crossing at 1/2 foot depth). It has rained in the morning so there was lots of spraying.

The carbon wheels did really well. Suspension did alright too, though keep in mind I was doing 10-15 mph most of the time. I got the bike Brentuned so idle is really strong, and I could just let it chug along with no throttle. At no point I was really scared that I will drop the bike or crack a wheel. I only discovered the mess behind me when I stopped to take a leak.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Ok. Let me explain... It wasn't a real off-roading. I took a USFS road (packed dirt and gravel, many holes) for a couple miles. At one point crossed a brook that has overflowed and was over the road (20 feet crossing at 1/2 foot depth). It has rained in the morning so there was lots of spraying.

The carbon wheels did really well. Suspension did alright too, though keep in mind I was doing 10-15 mph most of the time. I got the bike Brentuned so idle is really strong, and I could just let it chug along with no throttle. At no point I was really scared that I will drop the bike or crack a wheel. I only discovered the mess behind me when I stopped to take a leak.
Sounds like my XR's first water crossing, except I'm waaaay ahead of that poor GS... 🥴🚣‍♂️🍷

1 - 15 of 15 Posts